Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 21

With all this free time, I have discovered a few fun sewing blogs and websites and other fun things that I wanted to share. I know I won't have time for most of these projects for a while, but I can still get excited. And maybe some of you will be inspired by these sites as well and create something from them. If you do, you must share with me!

Today I found this website: Elle Apparel. She has some cute and unique designs and lots of free tutorials (even better, right?). I think my favorite is this Pinwheel Skirt. I will have definitely have to try that one.

Today I also discovered this website with links to free sewing tutorials in just about everything you can think of. It's called All Free Sewing. I have a feeling this site will come in handy.

I'm just realizing that pretty much all the sites I'm sharing I found today. I guess it's been a productive hour in the good ol' Internet.

The next is an etsy store that sells vintage sheets and pillowcases and dish towels. It's called Garden Laundry. I'm learning from all these creative bloggers that you don't have to sew using fabric that came from a bolt. The sheets they have at Garden Laundry would make the cutest clothes! Or quilts or whatever! And I'm pretty sure it would cost less $$. I'm super excited about this find.

I'd love to have a charm necklace with my kids' names or initials. The website The Vintage Pearl has some really cute, simple, sweet things. Maybe I'll ask for one for my birthday. Hopefully by then we'll know what to name Baby #3.


I'm sure there are a plethora of blogs out there that will inspire me, and I'm sure I'll discover them all while I'm here. I'll let you know if I find any more good ones.


P.S. Did you notice how many days I've been here? Twenty one makes an even 3 weeks! It really has gone faster than I thought. Let's hope the same goes for the next 4.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I love The Vintage Pearl. I have long been an admirer. I think it's there that I found the most adorable little necklace of a silver, wire nest with three tiny pearls in it that would be my ideal mother's day gift to myself (from my children, of course) to symbolize the three fruits of my loom. I'm glad you have time on your side to sift through the internet and recommend sites! It will save me a lot of time. Love you, Marianne! Keep hangin' in there!

p.s. I just posted #5 for this week. Whew!

Andrea said...

Oh, and I should HOPE that by your birthday you have a name for little bean #3! If you don't, I will name him myself.

Marianne said...

Andrea, it may come to that (you naming the baby, I mean)

Kimi Lou said...

I also love Vintage Pearl and am currently in the process of aquiring my own metal stamps and other materials in order to make my own "stuff" cause I think it would be SO much fun to make such cute things AND not have to pay $195.87 for the mother's charm bracelet I want from there! :)
(Although I may wind up paying far more just to get all my own tools, etc. together.) If it happens before your birthday, I'd be happy to try to make you something similar to what you're dreaming of - AND it won't cost YOU a cent!