Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day and Noah Knows All (Day 22)

I once had high hopes of making egg rolls for Joel for Father's Day. Egg rolls are on his favorite top 5 foods list, and I don't make them from scratch very often. I knew they would be a big hit.

Well, that didn't happen. I wish there was something I could to thank him for being an amazing Dad and husband. He's always been awesome, but he's really stepped up to the plate these last few weeks. It hasn't been a piece of cake, but he hasn't complained. He tries to spend every free minute here with me and is doing a good job doing the things I always did. Today he braided Clara's hair. He said they fell out almost immediately, but who cares? I'm super impressed that A) he was willing to try it and B) he could do it at all. I had no idea he even knew how to braid. Go figure.

I'm so happy that I married him. I'm a better person because of him, and I love him so much and so do our kids. Happy Father's Day Joel!

****************************************************************

I keep forgetting to share this story about Noah. I didn't actually witness it. My mom and dad shared it with me, and I thought it was so funny. It just had to be recorded (hopefully it right).

My mom and dad took Noah to church the first Sunday I was at the hospital, and I my dad was talking to someone, explaining why they had their grandkids. I guess my dad told the man I was having a boy, and my dad asked Noah if he knew how I found out it was a boy.

Noah said, "If it's a blue cake it's a boy. If it's a pink cake it's a girl."

Some of you may have seen my post a while back where I announced what we're having. To tell my kids, I made a blue jello poke cake.

So, maybe Noah thought the doctor gave me the cake? I don't know what he thought, but it was sure cute and funny! My dad sure got a kick out of that, and so did I when they told me the story.

2 comments:

Sharlee said...

Joel deserves a Father's Day blue ribbon this year. What a sweet guy.

Noah is so cute. Makes you wonder what kids think. Maybe he thinks that YOU chose boy by simply making that cake blue? A magic cake?

Andrea said...

I like to take credit for Joel's superb upbringing, but really it is in spite of me that he became such a good and kind man (although I am pretty sure I taught him to braid - or he taught me...hmmmm).

Any way you slice it, cake is an important part of pregnancy. Noah is wise beyond his years.