Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Baby News

If anyone wants to find me, I won a summer long vacation at the hospital! Saturday I started leaking water, so it's bed rest for me in the hospital where they watch me 24/7. I'm not dilated or contracting, so that's good. Baby's doing great, so we're way happy about that. It will be a long summer, and hopefully baby will stay where he's supposed to that whole time. If so, I'll be in a bed trying to not go crazy. So far I'm keeping myself busy with cross-stitching, reading, TV, and this computer. Hopefully I'll get to play the piano in the hospital lobby, and my doctor said Joel could bring my sewing machine. Joel is my hero! He's been so wonderful, taking on all the things I usually do plus all the things he has to do, and he's done it with a smile. The kids are handling it really well so far. They're going to spend a lot of time with cousins and grandma, and we are so appreciative of everyone who has offered to help and has helped. We love you all!

Don't worry too much about. We're hanging in there so far. We're just working on keeping baby where he should be. I know this will be a huge growing experience for our family. We'll be better for it when it's over.

5 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

I am glad that everything is okay. We'll be praying for you.

Andrea said...

I have done little more than think of you since Sunday. I'm so glad you are doing well. If you need an extra hand or two, let me know! We love you!

Sharlee said...

I just e-mailed Joel (or you). I would love to help if i can-- I don't, however, want to expose your kids to the bug my kids have.
The hospital.... how boring. But SO glad the baby is o.k. and you're in the safest place possible. Love you!

Mat and Brooke said...

You and Joel are such an admirable couple. I am so glad to hear that your baby is still INSIDE and not poking his lil foot out waaay before he's supposed to. ;) You hang in there! We'll be thinking about you! Keep us updated...we'll be reading the blog for sure. :)

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about calling you today to get together :( Can I at least come visit? I hope everything goes well! Let me know if you need help with the kids - George would love to play with Noah!

Lindsay