Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Romantic Valentine's at Home

This year I wanted to do a fun dinner at home for Valentine's. I saw a yummy dish prepared on The Today Show and decided I would try it. It turned out so good, and it was hard to say which was better- the prosciutto wrapped chicken or the veggie medley. I spiced things up with some candles and white plates at the dollar store, some edible ink, chocolates and made hand-dipped chocolate strawberries and pretzels. In the background I had the soundtrack from Sabrina playing, and with that and the dim lighting, delicious food and handsome guy, it was very fun and romantic. Way more fun than going out to a restaurant (except the nice thing about going out is someone else cleans up).






5 comments:

Andrea said...

Where'd you get edible ink? That's a fun idea that I will be stealing for future holidays.

Did you wait for the kids to go to bed, or get a babysitter?

Marianne said...

The edible ink was another Today Show idea. I just got it at Johann's in the cake section (use a coupon if you get some).

While I worked on dinner Joel got the kids to bed promptly at 7. It was nice not to have to worry about a sitter.

Sharlee said...

Wow. What a nice wife and an amazing dinner! Joel is so lucky. Tell me about the vegetable dish.

Jan said...

That is so cute Marianne! Was the recipe relatively easy? If so can you send it to me or post it on your blog?

behoxer said...

What a fabulous Valentine's Day! Restaurants get soooo crowded that I bet it was much more romantic this way (minus the cleanup).