Noah turned 6 a couple weeks ago! How can a baby that starts out at 4 lb. 13 oz. grow up so fast?! He's turned into such a handsome and sweet boy. We're sure glad to have him around.
Unfortunately, he didn't feel very well the night we had our party planned, but he still wanted and family was brave enough to come, despite the chances of getting sick (I haven't talked to some of them since. I hope none of them got it!). Noah did pretty well, but he got a little tired toward the end and even said no to having homemade ice cream! You know something's wrong when that happens!
Here's a look at his cake- a slithery snake:
To make this I had to make 2 bundt cakes, and I decided to make them gluten free so Clara wouldn't be left out. That means I made them both from scratch. Silly me, on the first one my brain checked out. I must have been thinking I was making pancakes because I put in 1 Tablespoon of oil when the recipe called for 2/3 a cup! The cake looked alright, but it was pretty dry. I used that for the middle of the snake, so the only part we ate was the head and the tail. The rest we ended up throwing out. Oh, well. It was fun making it and making Noah feel special with such a fun cake.
Clara could not look at that cake enough! She stood on the stool and stared and stared and stared. She even told our fish Jonah all about our snake cake.
You all know how obsessed I've been with sewing, and 90% of what I sew is for Clara. So, I decided I would make Noah something really special that he could have for a long time- a quilt. I had a lot of fun putting this together and even did it right under Noah's nose, knowing he wouldn't think it was his. I was so excited to give it to him, and while his response wasn't quite what I was hoping for (mostly because he was sick) I know he loves it. Later Joel heard him say, "I was hoping for a quilt, and I got one." And he snuggled with it on the couch when he wasn't feeling well.
The next day, he was worn out from not getting enough rest and went into his room to read and relax. When I called him to dinner and he didn't come, I went to check on him. I found him under his covers with a book over his head. He was totally conked! I moved the book (after I took pictures, of course) and he slept until morning. Poor tired guy!
Noah also got a bow and arrow set for his birthday. He was very excited about that present! It's not really a toy, but it's made for kids. It's really nice and works great. I think it's the cutest thing ever to see him shoot it! He's getting really good too! He is definitely his Father's son!
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Happy Birthday Noah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Love the cake! Love the quilt! and love his cute little hair do. He looks so grown up.
oh my goodness, how cute is that cake!!! And what happened to your little girl, she looks so grown up!! Happy Birthday Noah!!
Lucky for me, I have a little boy with a birthday just after Noah. It means I can steal all your ideas...
The quilt is really nice and that cake is amazing!! You are really talented.
What a cute boy! I can't believe how fast they grow up! The cake was darling and I love the quilt!
Man! That Noah is one handsome little 6-year-old dude!! Truly! The cake you made was adorable. You are so cute and artsy-crafty.
I'm sorry he wasn't feeling well on his birthday. :( Isn't that just how it always goes??
Post a Comment