Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Perfect Summer Day

Today was what Summer days are all about when you're a little kid.

Noah has become quite the fisherman. He casts way better than I do and knows how to hook the fish all by himself. He was even giving me advice- like being patient. I had to remind him of his own advice a time or two.
Every time we caught a fish Clara exclaimed, "Oh, WOW!"

Clara was most content throwing rocks in the water, scaring Mom and Dad by almost falling in and picking flowers.
As if fishing wasn't enough, when we got home, Dad discovered lizard, which Noah spent the entire day capturing and recapturing. Poor thing is doing to die of a heart attack it's so freaked out. But you could not find a happier boy than Noah.

It was pretty big!
Aw...childhood.

5 comments:

Sharlee said...

You got some great pictures! Maybe Jonah needs to come live with you. He doesn't get adventures like that around here. When we go fishing we don't catch fish and there aren't lizards at our house. Just ants.

Andrea said...

How fun! When I was talking to my mom on the phone the other day, Noah rang her doorbell to tell her the butterfly net was busted. No wonder. That lizard is HUGE.

Kim said...

I love your pictures! Very fun.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! Oh to be young and enjoy the simple things. Who am I kidding I still love those kinds of things. I wonder if that lizard was someone's escaped pet.

Singinmame said...

So fun! The pictures (and your kids) are darling. Glad things are going well.