Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting Married Forever


Tonight we drove past the Jordan River Temple, and I pointed it out to Noah and asked him why this temple was extra special. When he didn't remembered, I reminded him that it is the temple that Mom and Dad were married in. Then I told him that when he's older, he'll take a girl that he loves to a temple and they'll get married forever.

Then he asked with a puzzled look on his face, "Why would we get married forever? That would take all day, and then we wouldn't go anywhere."

After taking a few seconds to stifle my laughter, I tried to explain that you wouldn't actually be getting married in the temple forever, you'd just always be married, even after you die and go to heaven. I think he was still confused. Oh well, he'll get it someday.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

When you're a nervous little (barely) nineteen year old girl, it does seem like forever in there, with all those people looking at you.

What a smartie pants.

Mat and Brooke said...

I love that story! I could hear you giggling... :)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe :D

Jer and Jules said...

Hey, I saw your blog on Heidi's blog so I thought I'd stop by and say hi.
That is pretty funny what Noah said, little kids definitely have a different way of taking things! I'm sure yours keep you pretty entertained (and busy).

Singinmame said...

So cute. :) He will get it someday!

wright said...

I love the things kids say!! So cute!