Hi. It's me. Sorry I haven't been around very much lately. I feel like I've lost my blogging voice. I really don't have anything clever, witty, or thoughtful to say. I guess I'll just give you a little bullet list of the latest Orton news:
- We sold our house and close on May 14th (I really hope I'm not jinxing ourselves by telling everyone). It was on the market only 8 days when we got the offer. We feel pretty blessed.
- I'm training for a 1/2 marathon in June. If you drive through my city in the mornings and see a red faced, oxygen deprived girl crawling on the sidewalk- that would be me.
- Joel is also getting into shape. The other day he did 200 push-ups. I told him he was crazy, and he told me I was crazy for running to the ghetto and back. Touche.
- Noah went to kindergarten round-up last week. He's very excited, and I feel very strange.
- Clara is saying all sorts of cute and funny things: "Oh dang!" Pointing at something yucky, "Ew! What is it?!" Castle is "Astle" and her friend Cassidy's name is "Assy." I know they sound bad, but they're so cute coming out of her mouth!
- I bought a surger (spelling? spell-check got mad at me). I never thought I would make that purchase, but I did and am super excited!
- We are THRILLED that Spring is finally here, as all of you are I'm sure.
That's really all that's been going on. The next few weeks we'll be packing up and moving out. I'm not even going to talk about how that makes me feel, so don't ask. Denial feels better.




10 comments:
I love you. You're fun to listen to. Wish you would write a book so I could read it cover-to-cover over and over again! :)
Two thumbs up to you for gearing up for a half marathon! I am proud of you!!
Ok, my sister used to spell "sugar" like "surger"...so I had my self a pretty good laugh at that. I thought you were trying to tell us you'd bought some sugar and that spell check was mad at you...ha ha ha!! :)
YAY!! Congrats on the house getting sold. Are you buying another house or is there a different plan?
I can't believe you are doing a half marathon! You go girl!! I am not a long distance runner so anyone that does amazes me! Good luck!
Oh, I'm so jealous on so many levels:
#1. That you have the fortitude to train for anything.
#2. That you have a serger (even though I don't know how to use one, I have always wanted one).
#3. You have a cute baby in the funnest stage of life, saying cute things (not that I want another, I just miss that age sometimes).
Love you.
Congrats on the house! I am totally jealous. Sorry, we haven't been in touch the last couple of weeks! We will have to take the kids to the park sometime soon!
Congrats on selling your house! Where are you guys moving? I can't believe Noah is going to be in kindergarten! Time goes too fast sometimes. Love the funny things Clara is saying.
I think its probably good that you didn't write about how you feel about moving...if it was anything positive...I was going to be SUPER offended. ;) I can't believe you guys are leaving...what are we going to do?!!!!!
It was so fun to read your bullets! I can't believe your house is almost sold already. That is wonderful. Please let us know when you are moving and what you need help with. Are you guys moving into Mom and Dad's place?
Where are you moving? Congrats on getting the house sold in this market!!!! Let me know where the next adventure is going to be.
Post a Comment