Some of you may have heard about the skirt I made for Clara, and I know you've been dying to see the picture. Well, wait no further...
Ta Da!
I was very frightened of making this but it turned out to be quite simple (so much so that I kind of went berserk and bought a TON of fabric to make more). I bought the fabric last year, and it took me this long to finish it. I've decided that's a normal time period for me to complete most projects. Well, I'm so glad I took the initiative to finally do it. Clara loves it too. When I was sewing the elastic, I tried it on her to see if it would fit, and when I took it off to sew it, she got so mad! She impatiently waited for me to finish up (she kept holding up one leg so she could step into the skirt), and when I did, she proudly wore it the rest of the night. She even twirled in it a little. I made a matching one for her cousin that's her age.
I also made a dress for her that I also bought the fabric for last year. Luckily it will still fit her a year later. I don't have a picture of that one yet, but rest assured, one will come. I'm quite proud of that one since I did it with no help (not counting the many phone calls to my mom) and it consisted of two button holes, the use of bias tape, ruffles, and interfacing. Look at it from far away, and it's perfect.
If it sounds like I'm bragging, I am. Sorry. I do not profess to be a seamstress at all, so these are huge accomplishments for me. If my arrogance really bothers you, go brag about yourself on your blog. It's quite refreshing.




9 comments:
I love love love that skirt!! Can't wait to see the dress!
Even though you WEREN'T bragging, I think any person who finishes a sewing project of any proportions deserves to brag! Way to go, Marianne!
That is so cute Marianne. Good job taking the "initiative" to finish it. I wish I had some initiative to take to finish all of my projects.
Way stinking cute! I need the pattern. Maybe it will get me sewing agian, I totally need some motivation!
I would totally be bragging about that skirt if I'd made it myself! It's darling and amazing! Great work, Marianne!
It turned out darling! I love it!
Oh I'm so jealous! You are so talented! Good for you, it's hard to finish those projects and you did an amaing job! I love the fabric too, very creative!
I love the fabric you chose for this skirt! If it's not too hard to make, I'd love to try one. What pattern was it?
That skirt is so cute. What pattern did you use. I would love to make one.
Post a Comment