I was introduced to a cute and funny blog called Diapers and Divinity. Her most recent post is hilarious. She shares a story illustrating her worst "Dumbness Induced by Pregnancy Syndrome" (D.I.P.S.). Go check it out- it's stinking hilarious!
I was at the bank one afternoon, waiting behind a couple cars at the drive thru. It was a busy day, so every lane had that many cars or more. A sensible person probably would have parked and gone inside and would have been done in 5 minutes. But, since having kids I don't even remember what the inside of a bank looks like. I'd rather wait in the car than drag the kids inside a bank. Anyway, I was waiting and waiting, and while I waited I filled out my deposit slip and got all my I.D. cards ready so I could make my transaction as quick and painless as possible.
Finally it was my turn to load up the tube thing with my stuff and send it on its way. That's what I did, and then I continued to wait patiently until one of the tellers had a chance to get to me amid all the other cars waiting. Time ticked away and nothing seemed to be happening in my favor. Then I started noticing cars that hadn't been waiting as long as me get their money and drive away. What's up with that, I thought to myself.
Pretty soon my patience was wearing very thin. This was taking a ridiculous amount of time. I thought if I made eye contact with a teller and showed my frustration that maybe I would get noticed. One teller did see me and returned my frustrated glare with a puzzled look. Then I hear on the intercom, "Can I help you with something?"
"Um, yeah," I thought to myself. But I was polite, and said, "No, that's all," referring to the stuff in the tube I had sent what felt like hours ago.
Then I looked at the spot where the tube goes, and there was my tube, full of my stuff. Yep. You probably guessed already that I never hit the SEND button. I had sat there that whole time and had never hit the stupid button. I hurried and sent the dang tube on its way, felt completely foolish and finished my business very quickly. I drove away shaking my head and laughing at my airheadedness. Duh! That teller probably thought I had no brain.
Well, you can bet that I've never done that again! However, it was not my last dumb moment nor do expect to ever be done with those moments. They're part of who I am, and that's okay. Usually they make me laugh, and laughing is always good.




3 comments:
I love diapers and divinity, I found it from a friend I met in Las Vegas...she's HILARIOUS!!! Check her out....
http://thebackorderedlife.blogspot.com/
I love your D.I.P.S. moment...ha ha ha, I've had PLENTY of those moments pregnant and non-pregnant alike ;)
Everyone feels like the biggest dork, don't we? Thanks for sharing your dippy moment. Have you read my cousin, Elisabeth's latest blog post? I smile just thinking about it.
LOL!!! That is so funny! I bet the teller got a kick out of that!
Post a Comment