Thursday, September 3, 2009

5 Years Old!

HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY NOAH!!!
We're so glad you were born. You changed our lives for the better. You make us smile, you make us laugh, and you help us be better people. We love to hear you sing "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus," to watch you care for and play with your little sister, discover the world around you, make friends, to hear you talk politely, to see your enthusiasm for life. You're a wonderful boy, and we love you!
I let Noah choose what birthday cake he wanted from book of fun cakes my Mom gave me. After seeing other fun monster cakes, car cakes, snake cakes, and more, he did not hesitate to choose this one when he saw it. He LOVES tigers! Half the time he's pretending to be one. I wasn't surprised when he chose this one, nor was I disappointed- it's one of the easiest ones in the book.

This was his main present- a bike (in case you couldn't tell for yourself). He was so excited! I could tell he was not expecting it at all. He wanted to get on it instantly and insisted to me that he could do it by himself, but of course I insisted back that I had to help since I didn't want him falling on his face and breaking his skull (we still need to get the very necessary helmet). He's very excited to learn how to ride it by himself.


We had a humble little party at home. Grandma and Grandpa Orton came and gave him some glow sticks and a sweet letter that he will treasure forever. Even Uncle Tyson and Aunt Sherry made an appearance. But it would not have been complete if Noah's best friend George did not come. He was definitely the life of the party! I love this crazy picture where they're both shouting PARTY! When George's mom (Lindsay) asked him what he wanted to give Noah, he said, "Curious George the movie!" What a sweet and fun guy!



We celebrated Noah's birthday last night, and since today was his actual birthday, I took him to the local splash park. He loves that place, and I love it because it's fun and FREE. We had fun (especially when after only being there for 10 minutes Clara had a blow-out, and being the great mother that I am, I was not prepared with an extra swim diaper or wipes. So, we had to go home with Clara wrapped in a towel, change her, change me (my shirt) and go back. Luckily it's close or it would have been extra disappointing. Oh, and just so ya know, that was Clara's second blow-out this week in a public place.) George and Lindsay also joined us there. Afterward we went to David's Italian Ice for a gourmet snow cone. Very tasty and refreshing! Thanks Lindsay for helping make Noah's birthday and my day fun! Always a treat!

I sure love you Noah! I had fun playing with you last night and playing dinosaurs with you tonight. You're a cute, fun, imaginative, smart, loving boy! I'd sure be sad without you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Noah! I can't believe he is 5!! What a little stud.

Andrea said...

Cute cake, Marianne! Give Noah a (late) birthday hug for me.

Kim said...

What a cute boy! It looks like he had a great birthday.

linds said...

Happy Birthday Noah!! What a handsome guy! Awesome cake Marianne, you're amazing :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he is 5! He is so handsome and looks like a bundle of fun. I am glad he had a great Birthday! Happy Birthday little man!