I have a funny Noah story to share. Those of you that get squeamish around worms might not want to read this, but if you do, don't say I didn't warn ya.
To begin my story you need to know that my dad has a beautiful pond (actually two) with waterfalls, lily pads, and big colorful fish. It's no surprise that the grandkids love it, and Noah is no exception. It's the perfect thing for a curious little boy. He loves it when Grandpa lets him help feed the fish, especially when worms are on the menu. Noah and Grandpa dig for the long wriggly, slimy things and throw them to the fish. Some of the fish even let Noah feed it right in their mouths! (They're quite social, for fish)
The other day we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house, and Noah came inside and told Grandpa that the fish were hungry. Being the nice Grandpa that he is, my dad went outside to help Noah look for worms. My brother, Patrick, also tagged along.
As they looked for worms, Patrick asked Noah, "Why do fish like to eat worms? Do they taste good?"
Noah said, "No! They're disgusting!"
"I don't know," said Patrick. "They must taste good if the fish like them."
They went on looking for worms and Patrick and Grandpa began talking. A few minutes went by and Patrick looked down at Noah to see him holding a worm to his mouth and seeing him stick out his tongue and take a quick lick.
Noah cringed and cried, "Yuck! I told you so!"
My first reaction to this story was, "So, he's willing to try a worm but not my cooking?" I promise my cooking is better than that! What a silly boy!

Mmmm! Doesn't that look good enough to lick?




3 comments:
I'll have to admit, when I was a little four-year-old-girl, I used to go hunting in our yard for worms, gather a handful, and rub them across my lips one by one! My mom said I loved how smooth they felt on my lips! Gross! Gross Gross!!! Noah and I must have something interesting in common! :)
Wow Brooke! That's really funny (and a little gross)!
I was glad for the warning (did you give it just for me?), because I had my breakfast with me at the computer. But then I forgot to come back and read it, so here I am now. Yuck! Is there anything else to say? And, just so you know, I couldn't even LOOK at that last photo.
Post a Comment