In my last post I said that "somehow we think Clara is the sweetest little thing." Well, the truth is it's very easy to think she is sweet and here are the many reasons why:
- the way she lights up when she sees you (by "you" I mean, in order of preference, Mom, Dad and Noah- someday I hope her list of favorite people grows, just as long as I'm still #1)
- the way she says "Hi" in the morning
- when she wants you to read a book, the way she slowly and carefully backs up to your lap and plops down (I can almost hear the beeping sound that big trucks make when they back up)
- the way she snuggles up to you
- her little giggle that is few and far between and her laugh that is even more rare. Rare things are always the most precious.
- the way she so willingly holds my finger and walks around with me (this is her second favorite mode of transportation, next to being held)
- the way she runs toward you, smiling and laughing, when you chase her
- the way she claps for me after I've sung her a song
- the way she so sweetly begs you to eat some of your food
- they way everything she does is so dainty- the way she eats, the way she plays with toys, they way she walks/toddles
- the way she lays down on her blanket when she's tired
- the way she gives kisses
- the way she signs "more please" or "cookie please"
- the way she jabbers nonsensically
- the way she loves to have her teeth brushed and how during the cleaning she points at things wanting to know what they are (toilet paper, towel, shower curtain, etc.)
- the way she signs "dog" and how she almost inaudibly barks
- the way she used to sign "dog" and bark when she heard birds singing
- the way she plays peek-a-boo
- the way she loves to feed me, especially treats (maybe that's why I'm gaining weight?)
- the way she picks her noses (even that is done daintily)
- the way she hugs your legs when your standing up
I told you there were a lot of reasons why she's sweet. I could go on and on and on too. I felt bad that I was making it sound like she's hard to live with right now. She's really not. I was just in one of those moods where hearing her cry was like hearing nails on a chalk board. Most of the time it's not a big deal, and for the most part, she is a sweety pie. We sure love her.
By the way, did any of you know that yesterday was National Tap Dance Day? How cool is that! Click here to learn more about it.




4 comments:
I think any mother of a girl completely understands where you are coming from! There is something so precious about a little girl but there is also something so hormonal about them as well. It is amazing how children can make you crazy and make you laugh in ten seconds!
Don't feel bad, we all knew what you meant :) Clara sure is a sweetie pie! She seems so fun!
Don't feel bad. I'm sure every mom out their knows what you meant. We've all been there and yet we all still love those crying, frustrating, kiddos.
I am sure that all parents have those days and sometimes they are closer together then wanted. I guess the goal is to remember why you love her on those bad days.
Post a Comment