Friday, May 22, 2009

For Sale!

Sadly, this is the emotion our Clara is best at and does most often. She wakes up grumpy most days and stays that way about 3/4 of the day. She does get happy sometimes, but it's if Mom is holding her. We still love her so much and still, somehow, think she is the sweetest little thing, but sometimes I can't help thinking of a certain poem by Shel Silverstein. If I were Noah, I'm sure I would be entertaining these thoughts:
One sister for sale!
One sister for sale!
One crying...young sister for sale!
I'm really not kidding,
So who'll start the bidding?
Do I hear a dollar?
A nickel?
A penny?
Oh, isn't there, isn't there, isn't there any
One kid who will buy this old sister for sale,
This crying...young sister for sale?
Oh, we love our Clara soooooooo much, and you know we would never in a million years sell her! Most of the time I'm okay with her crying and her little attitude can be funny, but I'm starting to feel really done with this phase. I'm ready for her to be nice again. I do love holding her, especially since she is such a little cuddle bug, but it would be nice if I could put her down without it resulting in screaming and buckets of tears.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Sounds like a phase I am not looking forward to :( Hopefully she gets happier soon!

Andrea said...

Every mom can sympathize. Hope she snaps out of it soon. That's rough.

Unknown said...

Oh but she is so cute: :-) That age was hard for me too with Peyton. I'm sure it will get better. I remember that poem from when I was young and ready to sell my little sister. haha

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sounds like you need to invest in a nice pair of ear plugs! :D Love the poem.