I'm not a very healthy eater, so I get really excited when I find something I think is yummy but is good for me too. This recipe is something I came up with using my sister's yummy recipe for Black Bean and Corn Salsa. I wanted to turn it into a main course. This is what I came up with:
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 3-4 Roma tomatoes (or however many you want), diced
- 3-4 green onions (same as tomatoes), thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice from one lime
- Salt to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed and cooked OR one large can of chicken
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- Ranch dressing
Combine everything but the chips and dressing. Let people serve themselves and put however many chips and as much dressing as they want. If you have leftovers, I would reheat the salsa so it's at about room temperature. It doesn't taste as good cold.
I'm not sure what to call this. Maybe Chicken Taco Salad? If you have any ideas let me know. Also let me know if you try it and think it's any good. If you don't think it's any good, please keep your comments to yourself :)
*It's a miracle- it formatted this into paragraphs!




3 comments:
Mmmm...sounds good! I'll have to give it a whirl next time I get groceries. Thing is, I'm the only one in my house who will eat avocados...or tomatoes...or green onions. Hmmmm.
Sounds like my Mexican crock pot chicken I make with some revisions. Sounds yummy! I am drooling just thinking about it.
Fresh chicken lime taco salad? I don't know. It sounds delicious.
Those pictures of Claira in your last post are SO cute. You bought the chair without even knowing what cute things you would find her doing in it. Does she love it? She looks like such a big girl in it.
Post a Comment