Clara's new favorite thing to eat is carrots. But, of course, they have to be smothered in veggie dip (I think that's actually her favorite part, but as long as she eats the carrot I'm okay). I think she ate 6 baby carrots tonight for dinner. It's so cute to watch her eat them. I'm thrilled to have a child interested in vegetables. Let's hope it stays that way. I'm okay with her eating the veggie dip too. She needs some fat on her scrawny little body.
- Her favorite thing to sign is "dog." She actually learned it simply by watching her signing video. I didn't reinforce it at all. The funny thing is that she also uses the sign for other animals, like if she hears birds singing.
- she loves to say "ball" in sign language. If she sees anything circular she does a very excited version of the sign. She can also say it out loud- it sounds like "ba". Very cute.
- She also signs or understands: milk, more, drink, bird, flower, shoes, and duck.
- Other words she says are: uh-oh, what's that (sounds like "at"), and dog (dah). She also says "Mom" but only when she's mad.
- She LOVES to read books. Her favorites are books with little flaps. I just got her some books by Karen Katz, and they're a big hit.
- She loves music. She gets very excited when I put on her Kindermusik CD or fun upbeat music. Tonight she laughed her head off watching me head bang to "Rock This Town" by Stray Cats.
- She is Miss Attitude. She doesn't like people to look at her, and she'll let you know by shaking her head at you and saying "Ah" in a very loud, annoyed tone of voice. Most of the time it's kind of funny, but I'm trying to teach her that it's not nice to do that.
- She LOVES Mommy, and would be perfectly content if I held her all day long.
- She buries her face in me or hides it behind her hands when she sees strangers.
- She loves getting her teeth brushed.
- She's learning about her body- her nose, eyes, teeth, etc.
- She's starting to get into the tantrum stage, but I'm not sure how to handle it.
- She LOVES to eat pretzels. She could eat them all day long (along with her carrots).
- She's a very snuggly girl. She cuddles with me a lot, especially if she has her blanket, Piglet, and binky. It's very fun.
- She can't walk anywhere without holding my finger. If I'm not holding her, she's usually holding on to me.
- She doesn't eat much, but she likes to feed other people. She gave me more candy on Easter than she ate herself.
We love our little girl lots and lots and are so glad she's part of our family. She gets smothered with kisses everyday.




2 comments:
So cute! I love that you have been teaching her sign! About the tantrums thing, the best thing to do is ignore her. If you need ear plugs so you won't be bugged by the screaming then do it. The worst thing you can do when she is throwing a tantrum is giving her what she wants because it only reinforces the bad behavior. Don't talk to her or even acknowledge that she is around. By doing this she will learn, but you just have to be strong even if people are giving you dirty looks like "geez do something with your child". Stay calm because you ignoring her is the best thing for her and you in the long run. Sorry about the soap box, I had to deal with tantrums while teaching or with my neices and nephews. If there are certain things that trigger the tantrums try and avoid them with her and that should make life easier. Good luck!
Give her an extra little smother for me, as she won't let me get within eyeshot of her.
Post a Comment