Yesterday I was in one of those clean! clean! clean! moods, but I could only do so much with two little kids begging to be fed and played with. But my kitchen was one place I was able to tackle. Thanks to my husband and his Dad I have a little pantry in my tiny kitchen. Even though it's small, I'm so glad it's there because if it weren't I don't know where I'd put our food. But, because it's small, I used to have to shove stuff in there any way I could, which made me cringe every time I opened it up. Then, my Mom found an over the door organizing rack. I ordered it, and it came yesterday. Yay! I was so excited and went straight to work. The above picture is the end result. Now the door is a little hard to open and close, but I don't care. Now I can find stuff easily and looks pleasing to the eye too. Plus, I was able to transfer stuff from my cabinets to the pantry where they belong, giving me more space in my cabinets. Yay for organizing! It feels soooo good!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Aaaah.....clean!
Posted by Marianne at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
There is nothing that compares to the feeling of satisfaction upon organizing a closet (or cabinet, or dresser...). This is a funny post, cause my sister-in-law was just telling me about her recent crazy-cleaning act that has got her going through EVERYthing in the house and tossing bags (and bags) of junk. I was trying to sympathize with her, but I haven't had that "purge or die" feeling for quite a while. Hopefully I caught the bug from you last weekend, and it just takes a few weeks to manifest itself?
Way to go! Savor the delicious taste of organization!
Congratulations! My house is a disaster- I have not been in a cleaning mood all week. I don't know what my problem is. I think I'm on strike.
I am the exact same way, I went through that a month ago and organized all my closets, it feels so good!
Looks really good! Don't you wish that guys felt more of the itch to clean. I think I have to pick up after Cam more then anything. He loves to take things out of his wallet or backpack and just leave it on counters. Then when I clean the counter he always asks "where is..."
You are awesome! That pantry looks great! Wanna come do mine? I know what you mean about the cleaning thing though...and it's never ending. :)
Your pantry looks lots more fun than mine! I love things to be organized but it doesn't happen very often or stay that way for very long. I need to get busy at my house. I did clean out the bottom bathroom drawer (where I stash makeup, hair stuff, or lotions that I might use someday... if I get desperate). It was nice to throw away a sack of junk that's been kicking around in there for a couple of years.
By the way, I just saw your table and chairs post. Darling! I'm impressed.
I so know that clean feeling!! Looks great!
I just love you. I'm glad you're satisfied for now. I'm sure you'll be at it again soon. :) We need to play. Let's find a time.
Post a Comment