Every year Joel participates in Mustache March at work. I think he secretly looks forward to it all year long. He gets such a kick out of it. Plus, he doesn't have to shave while he grows a full beard, which, lets be honest, takes about a day. His favorite part of the whole thing is shaving off the beard in stages, trying to find the perfect facial hair design. This year he took his shaving stuff to work and went out amongst his employees with a different look every hour.
This picture shows the winning design of 2009. The icing on the cake would a belt buckle the size of Texas and a Stetson hat. Actually, as cheesy as it looks and as weirded out I was at kissing him with that on his face, it grew on me a little. When he shaved it off the people at worked weren't happy. They like hairy faced Joel- but they don't get to kiss him. That face is mine to smooch, so I want it as smooth as possible!
Daddy and his girl had some fun playing the other night. He was kissing her neck and making her laugh. Her defense was laying down on his chest and cuddling. So sweet! It was especially sweet because this side of Clara has been absent for a while because of some rough things her body's been going through (nothing major- just your average baby stuff). It was so nice to see this side of her again!

Today I left Clara with her books and music while I sneaked away to blow dry my hair. When I came down this is what I found. Poor thing! She's been so tired lately because she's not sleeping well at all. I often find her laying on the floor cuddling her blanket and covering her face with it so she can breathe in its comforting aromas. I feel bad that she's so tired, but it's so cute at the same time!
Daddy and his girl had some fun playing the other night. He was kissing her neck and making her laugh. Her defense was laying down on his chest and cuddling. So sweet! It was especially sweet because this side of Clara has been absent for a while because of some rough things her body's been going through (nothing major- just your average baby stuff). It was so nice to see this side of her again!
Today I left Clara with her books and music while I sneaked away to blow dry my hair. When I came down this is what I found. Poor thing! She's been so tired lately because she's not sleeping well at all. I often find her laying on the floor cuddling her blanket and covering her face with it so she can breathe in its comforting aromas. I feel bad that she's so tired, but it's so cute at the same time!




5 comments:
Joel's so cute mustache or no mustache! As the wife, there is something about a man and his facial hair --it just ads to their masculinity. It's fun to see them that way every blue moon or so, but not for the long haul.
Am I the only weirdo who loves facial hair? Well, maybe love is too strong a word. I love when Ty gets scruffy (which only happens during hunting season). He is the one who can't stand it - he says it itches and drives him crazy. I don't think I'd like a full-blown caterpillar lips mustache, though. But a little scruff every now and again is nice. At least it gives me one good thing to say about hunting, right?
Cam used to celebrate Mustache March as well but he couldn't this year because it wouldn't look professional for his job. I had no complaints there. It was always funny see the mustache evolve into different designs but I am with you when you said it isn't fun to kiss.
What's going on with Clara? Is she going through puberty already? Call me!
I'm totally with you! I prefer a smooth face anytime!
Post a Comment