Happy St. Patty's Day! And Happy Birthday to my brother Patrick!
I almost forgot to wear green. We all had to change our clothes at about 10:00 so we wouldn't get pinched the rest of the day. I hadn't planned ahead to do anything fun (what is there to do really?) for the holiday, but last minute I thought I'd be a little festive. So here are the pictures from our little St. Patrick's Day party, if you can even call it that.
Here are the kids posing for a little picture in their green garb.
This was the main event: making green waffles for dinner. Noah thought it was pretty cool. (It ended up being a bigger deal than I planned because I forgot that I ran out the day before of my waffle mix, so I had to make them from scratch. Since I'm a little on the lazy side, I almost wanted to say "never mind Noah," but I knew he'd be sad. So, I hurried and found a recipe and actually worked in the kitchen- a task I have frequently shirked as of late.)
The finished product. I have to admit that they didn't look very appetizing to me, and I kinda had a hard time eating them (I had soup after the kids were in bed). But Noah and Clara loved them, and that was the most important part.
I thought green milk would also go nicely with our green waffles. Again, not very appetizing, but Noah thought it was coolest thing since fried cheese.
A closeup of Clara modeling her St. Patrick's Day fashion.
Mom and Tots on Green Day (don't you love our facial expressions?)




6 comments:
Ooh! Sounds like fun, I love stuff like that! Noah's faces are so funny, what a fun personality he has!
How fun! I'll bet your kids loved it!
I was going to do green eggs, pancakes, and milk for breakfast, but completely forgot until that afternoon. Oops. I already had meat marinating, so I couldn't very well do it for dinner. So, at the last moment, I added green coloring to the potatoes (which my kids were convinced was playdough - it looked pretty gross)and gravy, made pistachio salad, and peas. Catastrophe averted.
And as for poor Saylor at school without a stitch of greenery...she has green eyes, so she's always prepared for St. Patty's Day. Whew! Catastrophe #2 averted as well. I'd better get my crap together though before my other kids are old enough for school - they don't have green eyes.
Are you coming to the reunion tomorrow?
That is so cute and I am sure that Noah will tell his friends about it. Every year my sister leaves a little green box of candy by the front window in hopes of luring a leprechaun into taking the candy and leaving his pot 'o gold. So far they've never left gold but they usually take the candy and leave some 'leprechaunish' candy in it's place. She also gives the kids a box of lucky charms for breakfast. The kids love it!
How creative with the green waffles. Clara is getting so big!
Very cute. I was going to do green pancakes, but the morning got too crazy. I should have done it for dinner, I guess. Your pictures are so fun.
I decided that what Jonah doesn't know won't hurt him and didn't even put green on the poor boy. We did end up talking about it later and had a family home evening lesson that involved making shamrock cookies for the lesson. That was a last minute thing I found just before dinner while I was checking my blog. Found the idea on Everyday Foodstorage. Saved the day!
Post a Comment