Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chocoholics Anonymous




10 reasons that indicate you might have a problem with chocolate:
  1. You make your husband hide chocolate chips so you can't find them.
  2. You buy more and conveniently forget to tell him.
  3. You snack on said chocolate chips and get chastised by your 4 year old son for eating them all.
  4. You're elated to find at the store a low calorie version of your favorite treat- Little Debbie Nutty Bars. Only 100 calories per serving. You buy two boxes.
  5. You totally miss the point and eat the entire box in one day. Your kids did help. They each had one (from a box that came with 12).
  6. Your thoughts almost constantly reside on when, where, and how you'll get your next chocolate fix.
  7. Each fix is only a temporary high. Soon you're thinking of when the next one will be.
  8. Your family feels the effects of your withdrawal symptoms, which are usually irritability, abrupt mood swings, and various irrational behaviors.
  9. The chocolate can come in any shape or form- cake, cookies, candy bars, ice cream or whatever- just as long as it's CHOCOLATE...mmm!
  10. Your waistline is getting steadily bigger and the number on the scale steadily higher.

Now, I don't know who this pathetic girl is that's experiencing these obvious symptoms of chocolate dependency. It most certainly is not me! But, if it were me (hypothetically, of course) here's what I would do. I would throw out all chocolate treats that somehow survived my insatiable appetite, including all other tempting, non-chocolate goodies. Then I would quit cold turkey. Not forever, of course! I mean, let's get real. There's no way I would dream of going through the holidays without chocolate. Who am I kidding? No, I am going...er...I mean, I would (remember this isn't really me) give myself a reasonable goal of three months with no chocolate. Baby steps is the key. Hopefully by then I would be under more control when tempted by a crispy peanut butter wafer covered in smooth, delicious chocolate and be able to stop my feeding frenzy at no more than 2 nutty bars...5 tops.


Remember people that this was only hypothetical. Thank goodness I don't have this girl's problem!

7 comments:

Sharlee said...

Thank goodness! WHO is this wingding anyway? Nutty bars...mmmm. Well, whoever she is, I feel her pain.

Sharlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOL!! I told you to stop telling story about me. Atleast next time ask!! :D

Kim said...

Tell your, uh, friend, that she's not alone!

Our Paper Plates said...

No way! I use to love Nutty Bars in junior high. Humm..once I get my appetite back, I'll have to grab a 90 day food supply of them :)

Andrea said...

If I were you, I mean this girl, I would have long-since given my husband strict instructions to bring home a couple pieces of that molten lava cake from Olive Garden every time he works! Chocolate chips are really not a dessert. Not when you have connections like that. Assuming this girl did...

Anonymous said...

I love it. Maybe that girl is me.