Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Christmas Tree and Other Fun Things

Well, we've got our homemade Christmas tree. Granted, not all of the ornaments are homemade. Some are leftovers from other years, but most of them Noah and I made this year with our own two hands. It took me about three days to be done getting the lights on. I like to wrap the lights around the branches, so it takes FOREVER and requires more lights (I ran out and had to go get more). But I finally got the hard part done. Then Noah and I did the fun part. He had so much fun hanging the ornaments. I had to remind him frequently to hang the ornaments all over the tree and not in one spot. When everything was in its place and I could step back and look at the finished product, I was very happy. It think it turned out very cute. Joel admitted to me he was skeptical about a popcorn cranberry garland, but he likes how it turned out too. I told him I want to make a new homemade ornament every year with the kids, and he thinks that's a great idea. It was sure fun this year. Although, I'm looking forward to Noah getting old enough to be more of a help with the garland. That took some time, and I pretty much did it by myself. Noah's job was picking out the next popcorn or cranberry for me to thread. I mostly gave him that job to humor him. I'm sure you other moms can relate.
This picture isn't that great. My photography skills are lacking. The tree looks much better in person.



You can see all the ornaments we made: The snowflake, popcorn cranberry garland, reindeer, snowman, and cinnamon dough ornaments. They were super easy. If you want the instructions click here.


Noah and Clara posed in front of the tree today. I love how they both have kind of the same look on their face and how it looks like Clara's waving.
Clara loves to tackle Noah. Noah loved it and Clara thought she was pretty funny.

Here's Clara sporting Noah's old hat.
Here's our little walker. People get such a kick out of watching her walk because she's so tiny. I love how when babies first learn to walk their wobbly bodies resemble a cute, tiny Frankenstein.
I love those moments when my kids and I spontaneously start playing together. There's no rhyme or reason to what we're playing, we're just having fun. I love when we all have a good laugh. It's always fun when I make them laugh, but when we're all laughing together is when it's the most fun.

8 comments:

The Conders said...

Those pictures of the kids are adorable! It looks like they lots of fun together! The tree looks great! Very cute. Good job!

Anonymous said...

You tree looks so good!! The homemade ornaments turned out great!

Andrea said...

Cute tree! I am being a party-pooper this year. I am SOOOO sick of all my old decorations, but too cheap to go buy new ones (until AFTER Christmas, of course, when they are all 75% off), so we're just having a lighted tree with no ornaments. My being cheap isn't the only reason...I don't want Sy pulling the tree over onto himself trying to climb it to get the ornaments. Maybe next year he'll be old enough to keep his hands to himself?

Unknown said...

I can't believe she is walking. I love the ornaments. You did awesome!

Leatham Family said...

Your tree looks so cute, that's such a fun idea. It's so much fun when your kids start playing and laughing together. Madi and Ellie are becoming the best of friends (most of the time!!). Hope you have a good Christmas. DeEtte

Sharlee said...

That's a great looking tree! We haven't gotten one yet. Isn't it fun to start traditions in your family and so fun that Noah is old enough to understand now?

Hey, thank you so much for sacrificing your husband yesterday to come play with my boys. They said it was the funnest day ever. They don't get excited about anything so that's saying a LOT. It was really good for Kendal, too. He has not taken any time off of work to "play" like that. I didn't realize they were going to be gone ALL day and got a little worried by about 4:00. Ah well. It all worked out and no one got shot. Hallelujah!

Lacey said...

Your tree is beautiful Marianne! And what fun and fond memories you are making for your children to remember forever. You are a wonderful mother, woman and friend. I hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas!

Our Paper Plates said...

Sorry I havent stopped by for a while! OOO La La - I love your tree! Its soo beautiful :) And your kids are growing so fast! I can't believe it!!