Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Fun

For Thanksgiving we gathered our big family at Grandma and Grandpa Orton's house. Six of Joel's eight siblings and their families were able to be there, and a seventh joined us later that night. We were sad that Andrea and Ty and kids couldn't make it. We had a big crowd, but that makes for more fun. The dinner was wonderful, as always. I made Pretzel Jello, an Orton Thanksgiving tradition, mashed carrots, and a blueberry/raspberry pie. The meal was over with too quickly. On days like Thanksgiving I wish my stomach was a bottomless pit and that no matter how much I ate I wouldn't gain a pound. If only. The rest of the day we relaxed and visited while the kids played and played and played. It was lovely! Then came the pie, and I stuffed myself again. Thanksgiving needs to be more than once a year.
Here is Teague playing with Clara. She didn't feel that great and usually would only let Mom hold her, but she liked Teague. What a sweet boy.
Here are most of the little boys eating their yummy dinner.
Before dinner Grandma had all the primary kids stand and sing primary songs of thanks. It was very cute. Here's Grandma playing with Clara.
My very first homemade pie crust. I think it turned out rather beautiful, if I do say so myself. And it tasted so good! (Don't worry- I went ahead and finished the leftovers all by myself.)
Clara loved that toy and she loved walking around while everyone clapped and praised her. She's a glutton for attention.
Here's Grandpa telling Mikayla a story. We love Grandpa's stories!
The post turkey nap I don't know what the joke was, but Kendal was sure making them laugh! He's so funny!
These boys love playing together. It's so cute to watch them. I hope they're best buds all their lives.

8 comments:

Heather Tew said...

Sounds like your thanksgiving went well. What fun to have almost everyone together. I am jealous!! We stayed here in Midland and went it alone...but of course had some friends to share the day with. Your pie looks yummy!!! Nice Work!!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I love Thanksgiving! The pie looked delicious. Wow, there are a lot of little boys in your family. I'm sure Noah loves being with his cousins.

Andrea said...

No Fair! Just kidding, I guess I brought it on myself. Hopefully we'll get to see you at some sort of Christmas get-together! And BRING THAT PIE!

Anonymous said...

Your pie looked amazing!! Now I am craving pie. :)

Sharlee said...

You got some cute pictures. That pie was SO good, Marianne. I think we have a new pie queen in the family (another one I should say). I only got a sliver of it and have been craving it since.

Monica and Stephen said...

It sounded like you all had a lot of fun. I love the holidays and wish they would last longer. The pie you made looked yummy. I am sure it was.

Blake and Rachele Burtenshaw said...

First of all, that pie looks so good for being your first homemade pie crust. It looks like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving with your family.

Our Paper Plates said...

What an amazing pie! It looks like it should go in a Martha Stewart magazine! I didn't know you were such a talented cook. I wish you lived closer !! :)