Saturday, November 29, 2008

Today was the funeral of a dear friend of our family. I knew Anona Lieshman my whole life and have many fond memories of her. She was a funny, kind, friendly and giving lady, and we will miss her so much. I just can't believe she's gone. My sisters, Kim and Tami, and I were honored because she requested that we sing at her funeral. We sang "Did You Think To Pray" and "No Empty Chairs" by Orin Hatch and Janice Kapp Perry. It was difficult to get through the songs, especially the last one, but we did it. I know we had some help on the second one. I have no doubt that it was Anona. It was so neat. I'm so grateful that we were able to do that. I'm so grateful that we knew Anona. But I'm most grateful to know that this life is not the end and that we can have peace in times of sorrow knowing that we can be with loved ones again.

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

That's so neat that you guys sang at the funeral, I had heard that she had requested that and it made me so happy. She was a neat lady and I 'm sure you guys were really close to her. I am sorry for the loss but also thankful that we can see her again. Thanks for sharing.

Andrea said...

We were sorry to miss you yesterday, but glad you could sing at that funeral. Cute template!

Our Paper Plates said...

I am so sorry your loss. The gospel is such an anchor in our lives - it will be so beautiful when she can thank you in person for singing at her funeral :) Sending lots of love and hugs your way...