
This year I want to decorate our tree with homemade ornaments. We have little kids at home, and I want our tree to reflect that by decorating it with things that we can make as a family. I definitely want to make a popcorn and cranberry garland. I've never made one, so I'm excited to try it. I'm sure Noah will love it because he'll get to eat it as we make it. I plan on doing some research on the web to find other fun things we can make, but they have to meet the criteria: easy, quick, fun, and cheap.
If any of you have some ideas for me please share. What's your favorite Christmas ornament you've made with your kids?
P.S. - If you are also interested in making a popcorn and cranberry garland, I found instructions on this website. Have fun!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
A Homemade Christmas Tree
Posted by Marianne at 5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
A few years ago we made cinnamon dough ornaments that smelled oh, so good. I'm sure you could find the recipe on the internet. It's just a sort of play dough that is made of applesauce and cinnamon. You roll it out, cut it into shapes, poke a hole for ribbon, and let them dry for a few days. They are an ugly brown color (which I actually like, but I can see how others may not think them festive), but they smell divine.
That sounds fun! Thanks Andrea!
That does sound fun , Andrea. What ambitious mothers you both are. I love the Christmas music on your blog, Marianne. So festive.
I made a popcorn garland one year. It was super easy and fun. My sister one year made ornaments out of dried apples. They were cute, but I am not sure how much effort was needed. Post pictures of the final product!
I've never made homemade ornaments, but it just sounds so cozy, doesn't it? If you have any more insights let me know.
I would love to do this too. I'm all about starting traditions and making memories this year, especially with our boys getting older. I can't wait to see your brilliant ideas.
Love ya,
Abbey
I also am a fan of homemade ornaments. I want to have a totally homemade tree but mostly I have just thought of things I can do - not so much the kids but I love your ideas. I'd love to do the garland. Maybe we can do it together - maybe that would help W pay attention but maybe not. We are exchanging homemade ornaments in our family - something symbolic that describes the year. I think that will be a fun tradition!
Post a Comment