Was this really a year ago? Why do they have to grow up so darn fast?! Clara turned 1 year old on the 11th (I was watching my sister's kids all last week, so I couldn't post until now. Luckily she has no clue what's going on because we won't be able to have a party until almost two weeks past her b-day). It's exciting and fun, but it makes me sad. I don't want her to get big! My consolation is that she doesn't look like she's 1 year old. She's so petite, most people are very surprised to find out her age. But, it's true- our sweet little baby is 1 year old. Just to recap, she was born November 11th, 2007 at 8:30 a.m. She weight 7 lb. 6 oz. and was 19 1/2 in. long. At her year check up she weighed 16.9 lbs. and was 27.75 in. long. That puts her in the fifth percentile. Tiny little thing! It has been a wonderful year. We absolutely adore her, and we're constantly blown away by her cuteness. We could never get enough kisses. In fact, we could eat her up for every meal of the day, plus snack times. We love every minute we have with her, and our hearts ache that she won't be our baby much longer. But, if she's been this much fun as a baby, I can't wait for what lies ahead.
Here are some of my favorite pictures of her from the last year.




Here are some fun facts about Clara as of late:
- She can drink from a sippy cup. Sometimes she'll do the thing where she takes a drink but opens her mouth and lets the water run down, soaking her shirt.
- She is learning to walk and thinks she's pretty hot stuff when she does it. Unfortunately, we've now entered the stage of bumps and bruises.
- Has a mullet, poor thing. I really should cute it, but it took her so long to grow some hair.
- Only has 4 teeth in front- 2 on top and bottom, but strangely enough she has two molars coming in. Is that weird?
- Has an attitude
- Just learned how to put the phone to her ear (well, it's more on the back of her neck than her ear)
- Has 2 reactions to animals- barking or growling
- She first learned to bark from seeing a picture of a dog in a book, so now she will often bark when she reads, no matter what the book's about.
- Loves to play peek-a-boo
- Loves food with lots of flavor. The other day I made Taco Soup, and she devoured it. I wish her brother would follow her example when it comes to eating.
- Loves music. She'll dance or clap when she hears it. She loves our music makers we play with, and she loves to play the piano. She also, apparently, can sing. A couple weeks ago I was giving a voice lesson. We were doing a vocal exercise, and Clara did it too! It was so funny!
- Knows how to "drive" a car.
P.S.- Check out the "Quoting Noah" section on the side. I have two new entries.
*Thanks Erin! I deleted all my enters and the space is gone!*




8 comments:
Happy birthday, Clara! I can't believe she's one, either. That FLEW by. Guess you better get crackin' on a new model.
Sorry I dont' know what to do about the big space at the bottom of your post - that's weird. It's not there when you preview it? Just shows up after you publish?
Happy Birthday Clara! Both of your kids are so gorgeous. As for the big space...I've had that happen and for some reason there was a lot of "enters" at the bottom of my post so I just deleted them until the cursor was up to my words again. Don't know if that is the same problem you have though?
She is so adorable. Thank you for sharing such fun things about Clara.
Wow, what a doll and how the time passes quickly! Cute pictures and I know I was supposed to be looking at Clara but I do have to say that your hair looks really cute in that one by the Christmas tree, I love it curly!
FUnny little clip on the radio too. Jon thinks she did it on purpose... I think, Wow, I am glad I am not her!
She lights up a room, no wonder she has brought so much joy to your family. Truly the sweetest, cutest little thing ever!
Oh! About the lady on the radio--she was drugged up that morning because she had a head cold. Apparently a bit TOO drugged up.
Happy bday to Clara! My little guy just turned one in Oct. They grow up too fast!
After reading those new Noahisms,just thought I'd tell you, Samera went through a similar fascination with death last June after Ty's uncle died. I think it is perfectly normal. A bit alarming, but then you remember that they are 3 (or 4), and certain koshers don't apply to them. Like when Samera told Saylor, "If you be nice to me, I won't ever let you die," as a bargaining chip.
Have a fun weekend without the hubby. I'm sure you're not thrilled over it. Sorry. We're excited to see him! Wish you could come with him!
Post a Comment