Husbands are good things, and I sure miss mine. He had to go to Idaho Falls for a few days to work at the Olive Garden there. He's only been gone since yesterday morning, but I still miss him. I'm used to having him gone a lot because of work and school, but he's always home at bedtime (even though some nights he crawls in bed around 1:00, so I don't see him until morning). We've been apart a lot recently because last week I spent Tuesday through Friday at my sister's house so I could watch her kids. Now with another three days without him, I'm really missing him. I'm not depressed or anything like that. I'm just anxious to see him again, wrap my arms around his neck and give him a big kiss! And I'm excited to be able to snuggle up and talk about nothing. I keep thinking about him- his smile, the way he looks at me, the way it feels to hug him, and how he makes me laugh. In fact, writing this is starting to make me a little crazy because it's making me miss him more. But before I stop writing and end my torture, I want to say how much I love Joel. He makes me so happy. He still makes my heart skip a beat, and when we kiss I still get butterflies in my stomach. Him coming home from work is the most exciting part of my day. If I'm still awake when he gets home tomorrow, I'll jump at the sound of the door knob turning (actually I probably will- he always laughs because at night the sound of the door knob always scares me to death) and give him a big hug. My heart goes out to wives whose husbands are deployed or travel a lot for work. Husbands should be home as much as possible. They're good things to have around.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I am with you!!! Every year since Cam and I have been married he has had to go and do field work for 2-4wks at a time. This year I have been lucky and he has only had to go away for a week (this last week). What I am trying to say is I feel your pain!! :)
Neener, neener...I get to see your husband in like 3 hours. Just kidding. That was mean. But I AM excited to see him...it's been a long time.
I'm so glad you like my baby brother. And I'm glad you treats you well enough to deserve to be missed when he's gone. Good husbands are one of God's best inventions.
I meant HE treats YOU...although, you should probably treat you pretty good too.
Husbands are awesome! I always say being married is the best way to live life. Its too bad you guys dont live in AZ so we could meet each others awesome husbands! Maybe someday we'll make a trip to Utah and stop by for a visit!
Post a Comment