
July 19th was The Police concert I was so excited about! It was so awesome! It was everything I hoped it would be and much, much more. It's hard to even know what to say about it because words just can't describe how thrilling it was for me, but I'll do my best.
We got there pretty early to try and get a descent spot on the grass. My brother also went and brought a date. It was fun to have them there too. The opener was Elvis Costello.
He was alright, nothing to exciting. We didn't really pay much attention to him, but at one point I looked up at the big screen (we needed that since we were so far away) and saw a guest singing with him. I quickly realized it was Sting! Everyone in the audience freaked out. It was really cool. When the song was over he sneaked back of the stage to finish getting ready. That was awesome. That's when it really sunk in who I would be watching live in just a few moments. Pretty soon, we heard the opening guitar for "Message In A Bottle" and out they came! Patrick and I had goosebumps. It was so cool. I just don't know how to describe it. It was so cool to watch Sting
above my brother was able to get a shot of me with Sting in the background. It's kind of hard to see, but it's him! Oh, I had so much fun! Joel was kind of laughing at me because I was giddy. He was excited to see me so excited. I'm so glad we splurged and got the tickets because this was a once in a lifetime thing. I didn't realize until after what a big deal this concert was. I'm so glad we went. It was definitely a highlight for me. And in honor of The Police, one of the greatest bands of all time, I created a new playlist with only their songs. Enjoy! 




6 comments:
That's awesome, Marianne. I wish we could have been there with you guys. I am glad it was all you dreamed it would be and MORE! Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures.
That's awesome you got to do that! And now you'll have even better memories of Sting with Joel in them! You guys look great and look like you had a blast! I haven't checked any blogs in a while and I miss so much! your family is so cute and what a creative mommy you are! Good luckwith Clara, that's so hard to let them cry! I guess the only advice i have is to first stabilize her daily schedule then the night one will eventually come into place! Being a mommy is hard, you are so great at it!
That sounds like so much fun!!! I wanted to go to the John Mayer Concert, but I was at girls camp. The only real concert I've ever been to was Nsyinc (my dad took the WHOLE family when I was in high school!).
That sounds like such a blast! I'm glad you got to go. You wouldn't have known what you were missing if you hadn't, but now that you do know, aren't you glad you didn't miss it? Concerts are just so fun and exciting. The energy is unsurpassed. Especially when you love who is performing.
How exciting!! It looks like you guys had a great time and that you will have some great memories of the concert.
To answer your question from my blog, no I don't think Liz is teething right now. I think she is just getting older and needs less sleep. Her daytime routine has been changing so it affects how she sleeps at night. She kind of put herself back on a routine this last week, but then she got a cold and hasn't been sleep well because of that. Any luck with Clara?
How fun! Looks like you had a great time. Oh... and those letters are so easy to do. If your interested I can always tell you how to do them. I'm no pro since I kind of had to figure it out by copying someone else but I think I got the hang of it now.
Post a Comment