Saturday, July 26, 2008

something funny and something sweet

Something funny-
This morning I gave Clara some teething tablets, and I thought I should read the warning label just in case there was something I needed to know. This is what I read: "As with any drug, if you are pregnant or nursing a baby, seek the advice of a licensed health care professional before using this product." I read it to Joel, and he said, "Man, they're getting pregnant younger and younger." Either that or it must take some people a really long time to get their baby teeth. How funny is that!

Something sweet-
Joel will sometimes leave sweet notes around. He did it a lot when we were engaged and first married. I would find them in the oddest places, like my pocket or tucked in a random page of a text book. I thought I'd found them all by now, but yesterday I got a sweet surprise. I was organizing some things and opened the lid to a box. There, underneath the lid, was a note that said, "You're gorgeous!" What a fun surprise! I don't know how old that note is- probably at least a couple years. What a sweet guy I married! Sometimes I don't think I deserve him!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

That is pretty funny and I would say Joel is very sweet...but it's true...you are gorgeous! I LOVE the pics of your darling kids. She did get some good ones. I hope that Clara starts sleeping better for you. It may just be a phase. Carter went through one of those. It wasn't fun, but it didn't last too long. You'll have to let us know how it goes! Your aprons are darling...want to teach me how? I got a sewing machine for Christmas and just got it out of the box the other day...would love to learn from someone so talented! :)

Sharlee said...

Those are fun things to share. I need to be more aware of the fun things in life so that I have something for my blog.
Hey, I called you late the other night to see if you wanted to hitch a ride with me to Andrea's the next morning. It was a pretty spur of the moment trip. Anyway, that's what that was all about. Wish you couldn't come, it was fun.

Andrea said...

What a nice boy Joel is. I'm so glad he treats you good. And you do deserve him. That's why we love you. If you didn't we would have run you off long ago. :)

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I think the teething tablet warning is hilarious after reading Joel's interpretation. You guys are such a cute couple.
Have you had any luck with the sleeping issue. Liz is starting to do the same thing. If I try to give her a binki instead of feeding her she gets so mad. I end up just feeding her until she goes back to sleep, which means I don't get a good nights sleep right now.