Our ward sponsored a flag ceremony and breakfast the morning of the 4th. It was really fun. I got the kids up bright and early, but they were happy. Here's Clara sporting her festive 4th of July bow. She looked so cute!
The night before, the primary kids got together and decorated their bikes with 4th of July decor. Then, after the ward breakfast, they gathered together with their festive bikes and rode around the church in their very own Independence Day Parade. Here's Noah posing with his decorated scooter. Noah rode around so much before the parade started that he was worn out, and all that pre-parade riding ruined his streamers. I had to replace them a few times- you can see the right side is missing the white one.
I decorated Clara's stroller too, so she was very festive that day.
Because Noah was so worn out from riding, at first he didn't want to ride in the parade, so Dad used a little reverse psychology and acted like he would ride instead. I think he's a little big for it, don't you?
Here's Noah zooming by on one the many laps around the church. I don't know how many times they went. The parents just let the kids ride until they got tired. As for Noah, he rode until he biffed it and scraped his knee. We weren't surprised. Him falling down is a daily occurrence.After the ward party and some recovery time at home, we went and saw Wall-E. It was very cute. Noah loves seeing a movie at the theater. We don't do it often, so it's a real treat when we do. I think he may have loved the gynormous bag of popcorn his dad bought more than the movie.
Joel had to work that night, so I took the kids in to have dinner at the OG. That's always fun. Noah eats better there than at home, so I take him their as often as I can. We didn't get to see any fireworks, but we still had a fun day.




4 comments:
Okay, I know it's hard to believe because I make such a big deal of July 4th and how it's my FAVORITE holiday and all, but fireworks are overrated. I have suspected it for sometime, but this year I have come to the realization that it is a fact. The kids don't care a smidge about them. In fact, they are usually afraid of them. This year we put Sylas to bed at 7:30 pm and the girls stayed up to watch the fireworks, but when a stray dog wandered into our yard all else was forgotten! Next year we're just going to rent a dog and skip the fireworks. They like snaps and snakes a lot better, which we always do before it gets dark, so if we skip the rest maybe they'll get to bed at a decent hour! Looks like you had a fun day. I just like the lazy, summer-day-ness of the 4th.
I love that you got so festive for teh 4th of July. Clara is adorable!
That's such a good idea for your primary to decorate the bikes, I bet Noah loved that! Cute Clara is getting so big, I can't believe and so is Joel with that little bike of his!
What a fun day! That is such a swell idea to get the kids worn out at the BEGINNING of the day. Looks like Noah really knows how to zoom on his scooter. Clara looks so happy and cute as usual. Looks like all those kids were wondering what Joel was doing in their parade. Funny boy!
Post a Comment