Today was Noah's first trip to the dentist. We were fully prepared for a very non cooperative child. We did not expect great things at all from Noah. This is the boy who when he gets sick stays sick because he won't take medicine. This is the boy who hates band aids and won't even let me look at his bleeding scrape. This is the boy who is scared of getting haircuts. This is the boy who won't let me do hardly anything for him. This is the boy who...LIKES the dentist!
getting his teeth sparkly clean
Showing me his clean teeth
I was shocked! He let the hygienist and dentist do everything they needed. Emily, the hygienist, poked at his teeth, cleaned them, flossed them, and put fluoride on them. She was so cute with him too. Everything she did she demonstrated first on his hand, so he thought it was fun. She called the fluoride a bubble bath in his mouth. He thought it was fun, and we both told him over and over how good he was being and proud we were of him. All that praise made him even better, and he loved it because he got a brand new toothbrush and a toy for being so good. He was SOOOOO good!! I really did not expect it, and luckily I had my camera to document this momentous occasion. This experience showed me how much he has grown up lately. He handles things more like a big boy. I'm so proud of him!



8 comments:
Awesome! I'm proud of him too. That can be a very scary thing. I get adults who still panic over a dental cleaning.
Way to go Noah! Kids sometimes surprise us, huh? I thought Samera would FREAK with her first dentist visit too, but the doctor and nurses were astounded at how obedient and cooperative and brave she was (she had two cavities and they had to keep poking them). I was wishing we could have the dentist come home to live with us - she was a lot better behaved for him than for me. :)
Way to go Noah! I dread the day I have to take my little girl for the first time. Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July. Your kids are darling!
Hey that's our detist Dr Radmall! (Did we tell you about him, I don't remember). He really is such a great dentist and I am so glad that Noah did so well, that is amazing!
Lindsay
Yes Lindsay that's your dentist, and you're the one who recommended him. I recognized his face because he is or was a bishop in the student stake. He was great, and his daughter was Noah's and my hygienist. She was awesome. The whole office was so nice. Thanks for the recommendation.
Wow. What a fun surprise for you, eh? Good for Noah.
Your boy is so cute Marianne. My email is mary.gedge@aggiemail.usu.edu and my blog is maryjgedge@blogspot.com. I'm making my blog better.
He is cute. I took Kyle to the dentist not too long ago either for the first time. He loved it also. Isn't it crazy how they like something that you don't think they are going to like?
Post a Comment