Get ready- this is a long one! We've had a fun filled week. First we had our Orton family reunion, then Grandma took us to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point, then we went swimming, and, of course, there were other fun every day things. I wanted to share a few highlights from our adventures.
Orton Reunion
It's quite an undertaking to get all the Ortons together, but we did it (all but three- we missed you Kendal, Emmett, and Caleb). We spent two days camping as a family. We had a great time visiting, relaxing in the mountain air, eating good food, playing games, laughing, and getting really dirty- as is evident by the following two pictures:

I think Noah had an inch or more of dirt on his entire body! You should have seen the water in the bath tub when we cleaned him off!
One of Noah's favorite things to do: hold creepy crawlies
The kids had so much fun finding these big, black, fuzzy caterpillars. They were everywhere.
The Ortons can't take a family photo without doing several goofy shots. The Ortons are famous for their talent for making silly contortions with their face.
Grandma reading the kids a story.
Grandpa set up the big water slide, and boy, was that a hit or what!
My niece Mikayla took this picture. I love Clara's smile! The camera loves her and she loves the camera.Dinosaur Museum
Noah LOVES dinosaurs, as I'm sure most little boys do. He was so excited to see the dinosaurs. He ran from one exhibit to another. We had a great time there. What a cool place! Thanks Mom for taking us.





Going Swimming
This was our first rendezvous to the swimming pool, and it was Clara's first time ever going swimming. We didn't get any pics of her in the water, but she loved it. She just sat and splashed. Noah, of course, had a blast, and Mom and Dad enjoyed ourselves too, except for the sunburn I got on my back.


Clara's Bath
There aren't very many things cuter than a naked baby, and I just can't resist taking pictures that show off all those tubby rolls! She loves her bath, but I think she loves being naked most of all. As soon as that diaper is off, she wants to scoot around in her new found freedom. It's pretty stinking cute!




Sleeping Baby
The other thing I can't resist capturing is a sleeping baby. There's nothing more precious than that.





3 comments:
That last picture of Clara reminds me of how I feel after a busy week, too. Sounds like you guys have had a fun filled week. It sure makes the time, as a Mom with wee ones, go much more quickly when there are some fun things planned. You wear the kids out and feel like you've done your job of providing some fun for them, all at the same time. I love the pictures you got of Noah at the reunion. He really enjoyed every dusty, dirty moment of that outing, didn't he? (except maybe the middle of the night). Clara really is photogenic! I was just noticing that at the reunion. She is always ready to smile at anyone. What a sweetheart.
How fun that you got pictures of all the little cousins Clara's age. They are all so cute!
I love that picture of Clara sleeping! So perfect! Nothing better than a sleeping baby. I have to tell you a secret: I HATE those funny face pictures, and wish I could be left out of them. The silly contortion gene skipped me, and I always just feel like a dork, standing there with a blank look on my face. It sounds ridiculous, but I seriously promise myself after each photo session that I will go right home and practice in the mirror so I'll have a face for the next time. But do you think I ever remember to do it?
It looks like you all had a lot of fun. Where was the swimming pool at? It looks like something Kyle would like. Every time I see pictures of Clara she looks more and more like you. She's cute.
Post a Comment