Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Anniversary Honey!

Today's our 5 year anniversary! I can't believe it's been five years. It seems like it was yesterday but at the same time, it seems like it's been forever- in a good way. It's hard to remember how my life was without Joel. It sure wasn't this happy, that's for sure. A lot has happened in five years- we had two beautiful children, we graduated college, we bought our first home, and lots of other little things. It wasn't all smooth sailing, but I wouldn't trade those five years for anything. I look forward to the next five years, and the next, and the next...I'm sure glad the Lord brought us together. I still look at Joel sometimes wonder if I'm dreaming. I feel so blessed that he chose me. I wanted to write about how we got together, but it turned out really, really long. Let me know if any of you are interested in reading it, and I'll post it. For now, here's a poem that I wanted to share:

Perhaps perfection seems too bold
A word here to apply.
For once love penetrates the heart,
It spreads to cloud the eye.
Still we in blindness take a chance
And gladly join in Cupid's dance.
For every joyful heart has shown,
Perfection dwells in love alone.
Thank you Joel for asking me to marry you! You've made my little heart so happy. I love you.

8 comments:

Marianne said...

I just want to say that I really hate it when you hit the "publish post" button and you view your new post on your blog and find that it looks totally different than the one you created! When I posted this it would not leave spaces between the verses of my poem and after the poem ended. Even when I went back and edited, it wouldn't. Grrr! Why does it do that?! If I hit "enter" it should obey!! But I'll try not to let stupid computers ruin my happy day.

Andrea said...

Is that YOUR poem? If it is, Wow! If not, it's still a good one! Happy Anniversary you guys! We'll see you in a while...if Ty ever reappears. I hate it when he doesn't take his cell phones (yes, he has two) and I can't call to nag at him to get his buns back here! We were supposed to leave at 9:00 - it's 10:30 and counting...

Marianne said...

No it's not my poem! I forgot to give credit to the real author. It's actually the first page of the children's book "Miss Spider's Wedding" by David Kirk. I love those books!

Monica and Stephen said...

Congradulations. Five years. Steve and I celebrate our five years in December. Happy Anniversary. Hope you both had a wonderful day and were able to celebrate it. I know it is hard with kids.

Our Paper Plates said...

Congratulations on your five year anniversary! :) You have such a beautiful family! Can't wait to read more about it :)

Rachel

Lacey said...

What a beautiful poem. I would love to hear the one you wrote for Clara and would love to read what you wrote for Joel. I think you are very talented, but I know what you mean...I have a hard time articulating my thoughts too. Know this...you inspire me.

Congrats on the 5 years! Time flies when you are having fun. You and Joel are one of the cutest couples I know. Here's to the next 5...I hope they are even better than the first! ;)

Love you girl!

ps...your yard looks wonderful!

Lolly Soulier said...

Marianne,

I had no idea you were such a poet! I loved your poem!

Congrats on five years, and I love your blog.

Anneke said...

Congratulations, guys! I agree, Lace...they are definitely one of the cutest and most in love couples I know! The time sure flies by fast. Rob and I have been married for almost 9 years (in November). I can't quite remember life before him, etiher.