Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Flowers







I was so excited to plant flowers this year. It's so nice to see some color around the yard. We worked so hard to get the inside of our house nice that the yard got put off. Last fall Joel finished our front patio and did a beautiful job, and this year we tackled (and are still tackling) the landscaping. That front flower bed- the one with the bush in it- was a jungle. But Joel ripped out the most of the Bishop's Weed that was taking over and brought some rocks home from his parents' house. Then we had fun at Lowe's picking out the flowers we wanted. It took me all day to get that one flower bed done. It was quite exhausting. My dad works tirelessly in his yard everyday. I don't know how he does it. He's the one who gave me my impatiens and begonias. Even though his yard is huge, he had way too many to fill it. So, he gave me his leftovers. He's so nice. I love impatiens. They're such a dainty little flower and the colors are so bright. Begonias are pretty too. I love my yard now! Our next project is the vegetable garden in the back. Yes, I know we're a little late, but hopefully we'll grow a few things we can eat. After that's done my next job will be keeping everything alive. That may be the hardest job of all!

7 comments:

Scott's said...

Marianne, the flowers are beautiful! I have always loved Uncle Wilson's flowers. I loved seeing pics of your fam. You have a beautiful fam. Keep in touch. Leslie

Monica and Stephen said...

It looks good. You did a really good job. I don't have a yard to take care of just some potted plants and it is hard for me. It looks like you have a green thumb. It looks like a beautiful yard!

Mattie Rae said...

Aren't flowers the best invention ever? Whoever invented them was a genius. Their only real purpose is the beautify and boy do they will all the different varieties and colors. Amazing.

Good job on your flower bed.

Andrea said...

Are you kidding me? I thought your title was just a generality, and that the photos you posted were of some professional gardens somewhere (I'm not being facetious) until I read your post. What the? Why did I not know that you and Joel were professional landscapers? Okay, next time you come see me you need to fill me in on the secrets to having a beautiful yard. We are clueless, but willing! HELP!

Ashlee said...

It looks beautiful! You must be taking after your dad! We miss you guys, lets get together!

Abbey said...

Do you want to get some flowers and come to my house?

Sharlee said...

I have YET to tackle the landscaping in my yard. It overwhelms me because I don't know anything. You did a great job on yours! Good job!