Friday, May 2, 2008

"What was that?"

I thought I would give solids a try today. It went about as well I expected- not very. Noah never liked rice cereal, so I didn't expect fireworks with Clara. It was entertaining, though, to see her reaction. If she could speak, I imagine she'd say something like, "What the heck was that?" Can't say that I blame her, though. The stuff looks awful. I don't think I'll continue trying it. I've decided to wait until she's good and ready to introduce solids on a daily basis. Most of the reason why I'm doing this is because I want her to stay my little baby girl for as long as possible, and she would seem way too grown up if she were on solids. I just thought it would be fun to see what she would do if I fed her. I wasn't at all surprised by her reaction. It was very cute and funny. Noah was very concerned. He kept telling me to stop, like he thought I was hurting her. Afterwards, I nursed her, which she seemed to welcome with more excitement than usual. She probably thought, "Yes! Something I know and love!" She does love it- so much so that she won't take a bottle. Grrrr. No, I love nursing, but a break would be nice sometimes, ya know?


7 comments:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Clara is a cutie! You're right, that stuff doesn't look tasty at all. I just bought Elizabeth some rice cereal yesterday. I can't wait to let her try it but I decided to wait at least a couple more weeks since she just turned 4 months. I really want to see her reaction though.

Andrea said...

It's always fun to try all the "firsts," and I always try them too early...maybe that's why my kids would NEVER eat baby food or cereal. Oh well. I guess I was just destined to be their sole source of food for the first 15 months of their lives, which DOES get old at times I agree! SUCH cute pictures of Clara - way to go capturing those expressions on film!

Ashlee said...

Hey, how cute! I love her facial expressions, she's so cute! I can't believe how fast she's growing up, we don't hang out nearly enough, I don't even know her! Thanks for that beautiful arrangement of "Where Love Is." It's perfect, now if we can only get more than 5 people there to sing it, it would be great!

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

That first picture of Clara is hilarious!!! The look on her face is great...I've seen it before...ahh, rice cereal..

Sharlee said...

I love Clara's faces! You got some good shots of her first cereal. There is nothing more fun than watching babies experience new things. She is so precious!

Blaine said...

That first picture of Clara is priceless! She has such an expressive face! Yeah, George pigged out on solid food from the get-go. So every kid is very different I guess!

Andrea said...

Hey, the link to the place I got my template is on my blog. I think it's titled blog templates in my "Blogs I Frequent" column. They just added a bunch of new ones, too, so it's a fun site. This one you have is cute though!