Noah's favorite song is "I Am a Child of God" or as calls it, "Child of God Song." It is one of two songs that he wants sung to him at bed time (the other being the "Jesus Song," commonly known as "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus"). He knows it well enough that he sings to himself as he's playing or doing whatever. He knows the tune but not all the words, so it comes out sounding like a bunch of nonsensical sounds (which is very similar to his talking). If you didn't already know the song you would have no idea what he was saying, but that's part of what makes it super cute. It makes my heart happy to hear him sing it.
Well, on that note, yesterday we were in line at the bank when he started to sing it. At first he was singing softly to himself, but it got louder and louder until he was singing at the top of his lungs. It was so funny! The other peopel there were obviously LDS because they turned around to find the source of the music with smiles on their faces. The funniest was when I started to sing very quietly with him, and he said, "Too loud Mom!" What a funny cute kid!
Noah also likes to sing "Somewhere Out There," which is also very adorable and sweet. He also sings "Once There Was a Snowman" and even does the actions. I'm so glad that he's started to enjoy singing. Maybe someday he'll have a gorgeous baritone or tenor voice! One can only hope.
Friday, March 7, 2008
My Little Singer
Posted by Marianne at 12:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
So, you DID venture from the house again after all - and to the bank, none the less - good for you! That's one of the top three worst places (to me) to take kids. It's so fun when they finally start catching on to the songs you sing them...I love it when they start trying to sing. I love the funny words they come up with. Saylor used to sing, "with parents kind of dear"...probably more true than the original words. I see you added to your playlist - fun!
Post a Comment