things I want to do with my kids when I get home:
play outside in the rain
paint
dance around the house to fun music
make things
bake cookies and other goodies
invite them to help with dinner more often
help them sew something simple
play games
explore and help them learn new things
laugh with them
read lots of books
go to the park
go on walks
and so much more!
Isn't it funny how when we can do things we don't usually want to, but when we can't do them it's all we think about?
I sit here and think about how I'm going to be a better mom when I get home and do more things with my kids and enjoy them more, but then I have to remind myself that when I go home things won't be the same. I'll have another little person to take care of, plus I'll be exhausted most of the time. So, for now my list of things to do with my kids might be a little much. I'll just have to be realistic and not expect myself to be perfect everyday and do amazing things everyday. I actually don't want to do amazing things everyday. My real goal is to find more joy in the little, unplanned things. And maybe every now and then I'll throw in something amazing, but mostly I want to enjoy the simple moments and not push them aside because I think I have something more important to do. I've definitely had a big wake up call, reminding me what is important and what can wait. I had it backwards before.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Day 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Maybe you should put next summer as your goal of amazing things. Since this summer is pretty much a wash, you can plan to be extra amazing next! By then you should have the 3 kid routine down pat.
(I feel this way - where I reorganize my priorities and psych myself up to be amazing - every night after the kids have been in their beds for an hour or two. Then I lose my resolve at precisely breakfast time each morning)
Ha! Ha! I've done that so many times! It's so easy to get geared up for the day ahead when they're snoozing peacefully in their beds. Then the day arrives and everything fizzles. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
And you're completely right. I have to understand that most things are just not going to happen this summer. I'll have to embrace the chaos that is sure to happen.
Post a Comment