Here is a long picture post of some things we've done the last month or so. Let's start it off by making you smile, shall we?
I felt like the worst mom in the world last week when Noah asked me why I don't make him clothes. So, I repented, and here are Noah's first pair of shorts. I'm quite proud of them. They have cute cargo pockets and even a mock fly. I do have to say that Noah's reaction when I finished them was a big anti-climactic. Maybe he's just trying to be a cool kid and not show his true emotions.
Noah lost his first tooth! It was pretty exciting for all of us. Having my son lose his first tooth made me feel like a real grown up parent more than ever before, especially when I played Tooth Fairy.
We had a fun painting day last week. I learned how to make these stamps in my art class in college. The kids had lots of fun with them (so did I). I would have included a picture of Clara, but I had stripped her down to her panties. I figure that would not be wise to post on the world wide web.
Clara is finally big enough this year to learn to ride Noah's old scooter. She feels so proud of herself and is so cute!
Most of you probably don't know that I've been working for a company sewing minky blankets. Every other week or so I get a text saying they have work for me, and I sew like a mad woman. I do anywhere from 10 to 20 blankets at a time. Clara loves to rub her hands on the soft fabric, and I love admiring my pile at the end of all the work. For more info on these blankets, go here.
We made sure and said a goodbye to the Ogden Temple as we know it. We went over for FHE and took pictures to remember the old and, frankly, not-as-pretty-as-other-temples temple. It was very fun, and we made some happy memories. Afterward, of course, we went to Farr's for ice cream. Noah insisted that next time we all need to get playdough ice cream like him. No thanks bud.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Orton Happenings
Posted by Marianne at 7:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Noah lost his first tooth! That is so crazy to me! Your kids are getting so big. Love the shorts that you made for Noah! What company do you make blankets for?
Cute cute! I love Clara's face in the first photos.
What fun family outings! That will be neat for your kids to remember and have photos of being at the "old" Ogden temple together! I LOVE the blankets! We took the "link" to their website and Quincy was dying over all the adorable fabrics and so much fussiness. She wants one so I might have to have you tell me how to make one sized for a 12-year-old. (I'm thinking Christmas gift?) --And...I was looking for a pregnant lady in these photos and didn't see ANY! You look great. Way to go!
Oh, Kimi, you're too kind.
Post a Comment