Friday, March 4, 2011

Missing Out



I just wanted to inform you all that you are missing out big time because you have not heard or more importantly, seen Clara explain what the pipes do (pay attention Giselle). It all started when our noisy bathroom pipes that are right outside her bedroom wall were scaring her, making her think a monster was in the wall. I just explained it was the pipes in the wall "pushing water." I must have used my hands as part of my explanation because since then she has forever put both hands to her chest, palms down, thumbs touching and fingers sticking out, and while saying in an I'm-not-scared-because-I-understand voice, "Pipes pushing water," she shoots her little hands away from her chest, like water being pushed down the wipes. My explanation was horrible. I hope you are lucky enough to one day witness it for yourself. It's basically the cutest thing ever.

You also missed out because you did not hear Noah's rendition of "Chim Chimanee." We were all playing in my scrapbook area minding our own business when Noah begins singing to himself:

"Chim chimanee, Chim chimanee, chim chim charee,
When you're asleep-
a ba-ttery"

I stopped what I was doing and thought, did he really say what I thought he said? I was lucky enough to hear it one more time, and sure enough- "When you're asleep- a ba-ttery." I really had to clamp down on my gums to keep from laughing out loud. When I told Joel about it, he had to ask me what the real words were. I think Disney should have gone with Noah's version. Can't you just hear Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dike singing those poetic words? I'd pay good money to hear that.

Sorry you missed out. Better luck next time.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

How cute! I always find that my children "understand" something completely wrong after their mother explains it to them. I'm no good at explaining things to children, apparently.

Mat and Brooke said...

Kids sure to keep life entertaining, don't they?!? I would pay good money to see Noah's rendition of that song, for sure! ...And Clara...how adorable is that!!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha on both accounts! Kids are the greatest!