Sunday, May 30, 2010

Moving in, Spiderman and the Zoo

Here's a little update from the Ortons. We sold our condo and moved into Joel's parents' house the beginning of May. You can imagine that things were a little hectic for a while. Luckily, things have simmered down, and I feel like we've gotten back into the swing of things. The reason we moved into Grandma and Grandpa's place is because they're leaving on another mission in two weeks, and they asked us if we could take care of the house while they're gone. When we moved in I felt a lot of deja vu because we lived here when they went on their first mission. I'm very grateful to be living here again. Not only is it a beautiful house with an amazing view, but it's such a fun place for the kids. They get to explore the mountain and jump on the trampoline everyday. Plus, they get to see their Grandma and Grandpa everyday. We're pretty lucky!
Just before we moved I took some pictures of the kids being kids. It all started with Noah wanting to wear his cousin's Spiderman costume. Clara didn't want to be left out, so she put the mask of Noah's Spiderman costume. Take a look:




Spiderman chillin' and readin' a book. I bet you didn't know Spiderman liked to read, did you?
Joel took this last week off. We decided to live on the wild side, so we went to the zoo. It was perfect weather for it, and for the most part we had a good time. We had the occasional tantrum from Clara, but at her age, those are hard to be avoided.

We were admiring a beautiful peacock and standing about five feet away from it, when all of a sudden, it starts squawking at something. Those things are pretty darn loud when your up close! Clara was not a fan.
I was so excited that all the big cats were awake! Whenever I go they're usually sound asleep in the shade and all you can see is a paw. But all four tigers were awake and walking around. They're so beautiful! I just wanted to hop the fence and cuddle with them. Too bad they would have ripped my head off. In the Celestial Kingdom I'm going to have a pet tiger and lion and take naps with them.




We broke the bank and indulged in some Dippin' Dots. They were yummy, but I'm not sure they were worth what we spent. Oh well, we were on vacation.

Can you tell he didn't want me to take his picture?
Is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen?! Baby Zuri was definitely a favorite.
This was Clara's favorite part of the day. She was not happy to have to leave her giraffe.
Clara got tired, but did she want to ride in the stroller? Of course not. Would she let Daddy hold her? Of course not. It's always Mommy. Always.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a vacation! That zoo is so fun - too bad it makes little feet (and, in the meantime, big feet and backs as well)SOoooo tired.

Andrea said...

Oops - not Ty. Just me.

Mat and Brooke said...

What a perfect little family you are. Truly! We love the Ortons. I am glad you had a fun day at the zoo and also that you're move went well and you're getting settled in. :)

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! Love Clara in the spiderman mask reading! :D Glad you had fun at the zoo. I haven't been to Hogle zoo since I was Noah's age. I remember loving it. The zoo up here is pretty cool. Can't wait until I can take my little girl there.

Sharlee said...

I loooove the Spidee costume pictures--Clara just going about her business with a Spider-Man mask on like she doesn't even notice it!
So fun to see you today and get a little bit caught up. That baby elephant is really really cute. I could sit and watch baby animals all day I think.