Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Christmas with the Ortons

This year I decided to have breakfast before we opened presents. It turned out to be a very good idea. The protests weren't nearly as great as I thought they'd be. That's probably because I made Swedish Pancakes...Mmmm!
Time to open presents!!

Clara giggled when she opened this one. She was very happy about it.
This was the Great Disappointment of 2009. All kids should have a few Christmas let-downs, right? Well, Noah got his first. But he got over pretty quick, so it's all good.

Here's Clara modelling, snot face and all, one of her favorite presents- lovely orange sunglasses from Grandma Orton.
And here she is demonstrating her new chapstick skills. This was by far her very favorite present! Isn't that silly and adorable?
This was her main present. She really likes it- so does Noah (and so do I, frankly).
This is all Clara wanted to Christmas morning. And it's pretty much what we all did the whole day (and the day before that, and the day before that...).
It was a very Merry Christmas! Hope it was for all of you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of Clara with the glasses and chapstick. I miss those simpler days. Fun!

Andrea said...

That picture of Clara with sunglasses and chapstick is priceless!

So fun to have you here on Christmas day! Let's make it a tradition!

Anonymous said...

What was wrong with the gun? The picture of Clara and the sun glasses is great!