Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Fun

Here's a bit of holiday fun we've been having this month.

The kids got to meet Santa at the Festival of Trees. Clara obviously did not like it, and Noah I think wasn't too sure about it either. He asked me, "Is he real?" I think he was wondering why he was there and not at the North Pole. I think he was a little embarrassed and shy when he met him, but I would be too if I met someone famous that I admired, not mention if I had to sit on their lap!
Noah told Santa he wanted "a gun with bullets," (the plastic guns with the foam bullets), and afterward, he told me Santa said he couldn't have that for Christmas. Grandma and I told Noah that Santa probably didn't understand that he meant a pretend gun. Immediately, that classic movie that I know you're all thinking about came to my mind, and I saw Santa pushing away poor Ralphy with his boot and saying, "HO! HO! HO!" Luckily, that's not quite how it happened with Noah.
I was surprised how much the kids liked the festival. Clara loved looking at all the trees and all the fun toys and things underneath them. She kept getting down on the ground where she could get a closer look. Her favorites were the trees with butterflies and the Curious George tree.

Noah got tired and needed a rest. This really shows how grown up he's getting! Of course, he was smiling so sweetly, and just at the last second, he gives me this face. I wonder where he learned that trick from (ahem...Joel!).
We got dumped on (as always), and we had fun sledding and building this snowman. Noah insisted that he have four arms and that one of the eyes be giant. You'll also notice that one of his snowball buttons is giant as well. Noah likes making everything silly. I like it- he has character.
Clara got to sit on Santa's lap again at Kindermusik, and this time she was more than willing. In fact, the day before at Noah's Kindermusik class she was sad when Santa left because she didn't get a turn. I love this picture because she's giving her "I-know-I'm-really-cute-when-I-act-shy" face. But she wasn't so shy that she couldn't tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas. She said, "babies" (baby is always plural with her). Hmmm, I hope she's okay with a book about babies.
That very day was the first day she said "Santa." I wish you could hear it! It's the cutest thing ever! For some reason when she says it, it sounds like she has a cold. It's so cute! All day, I'll randomly ask her to say "Santa" just so I can hear it. It makes me happy!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

A gun with bullets is exactly what Sylas keeps asking for, too. I wish that the Santas at the mall, etc. would just say, "Oh, really? That sounds great!" Instead they screw up our children. The whole time I was listening to the conversation between Sy and Santa, I just wanted to tell Santa to shut his trap. Although he DID tell Sy to be good for his Mama, so it wasn't all bad.

Marianne said...

That's funny that the same thing happened to Sylas!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think Santa thought he had a weird child on his hands when he heard Noah wanted guns with bullets. :)

Love the snowman picture. Such a boy!