Saturday, December 19, 2009

Celebrating Christmas with Verse

Whence is that goodly fragrance flowing,
Stealing our senses all away?
Never the like did come a-blowing,
Shepherds in flow'ry fields of May.
Whence is that goodly fragrance flowing
Stealing our senses all away.

What is that light so brilliant, breaking
Here in the night across our eyes?
Never so bright, the day-star waking
Started to climb the morning skies.

Bethlehem! There in manger lying-
Find your Redeemer, haste away.
Run ye with eager footsteps hieing,
Worship the Savior born today.

Bethlehem! There the manger lying-
Find your Redeemer, haste away.

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Did you write that? It is amazing! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Andrea said...

I'm just sitting here eating mint bark and fudge a la Marianne. It is awesome! I might re-read this poem until the candy is all gone.

Marianne said...

I'm glad you like it Andrea! I might have some to bring up on Christmas day. We're excited to try your apple- it looks delicious!