We had a fun Halloween! I had big plans to have a party during the day with a couple of Noah's friends, but it ended up being just us. We painted pumpkins, had mummies for lunch (hot dogs wrapped in refrigerator breadsticks and then baked), read Halloween books, and danced around to Halloween music. Then the kids got in their costumes (their parents are party poopers- I would have dressed up but I was lazy and didn't want to spend the $$ or try being creative) and we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Orton's and then to the neighborhood trunk-or-treat. The kids had fun, although any costume remotely scary made Clara nervous, but she was willing to take one for the team when she saw she'd get candy. After all the fun was over we wasted no time getting the kids to bed (they've been sick, so they need their rest), and Joel and I watched a semi-scary movie and answered the door for the occasional trick-or-treaters. We had a good time!
Mmmm! I don't know why I just got all this candy, but I'm okay with it!




7 comments:
I could tell she was boo. Your kids are so stinkin' cute.
Cute, cute. It sounds like you had fun. Next time you guys are down this way I would love to have you over for dinner. The kids are invited if you would like, but I would love to get together.
I wish we would have made it to the truck-or-treat too - we showed up when everyone was leaving! Clara looks adorable - her hair is perfect.
Love the costumes and Clara's was so creative!
Monsters Inc came out when Saylor was about that age, and everyone said she looked and sounded just like Boo. It is why that movie is so near and dear to my heart.
Sylas, also was finished after only a few trunks...until his candy was gone and the girls still had a bucket full. Then the fighting began.
Glad you had a good Halloween despite all the sickness.
Very cute! Clara looked so adorable. I love her bangs!
I can't believe how fast your kids are growing! I love their costumes. Halloween is so fun!
Post a Comment