My husband has outlawed all things Christmas until after Thanksgiving. He wants to celebrate one holiday at a time, and I have to say that I agree. I love Thanksgiving and everything, but the day after is official Christmas celebration time. So, with that, let the celebrations begin!
Here are my favorite things to do at Christmas time:
- Decorate the house and Christmas tree (note to self: next year buy more lights! I always have more lights on the bottom of the tree than the top!)
- Listen to Christmas music
- Watch Christmas movies.
- See the Lights at the Christmas Village (and incidentally, freeze our rear ends off)
- Play and sing Christmas music
- Make holiday crafts by myself or with the kids
- Read Christmas stories
- Christmas concerts: WSU Choirs and Orchestra at St. Joseph's, TAB Choir, and when I get to go- Messiah Sing-in at Abravanel Hall
- Playing my guitar (it's the only time of the year I get it out)
- Sledding and building snowmen
- Making yummy treats (Mmmm...fudge!)
- Giving gifts
- Sleep under the tree with the family (this year- turn the lights off!)
- Go to a live Nativity with Grandma Svedin
- Go to Festival of Trees
- Ham up the Santa Claus thing with Noah
- Christmas related FHE lessons
- Spending time with family
- Caroling
- Serving others
I could go on and on listing all the things I love about Christmas. I'm sure you're all the same. The very best thing about this time of year, as you'll all agree no doubt, is the feeling of love that comes from remembering the birth of our Savior. That's the reason this time of year is so wonderful. I love how it makes me feel, and I love the line from the song sung by the Ghost of Christmas Present in the Muppet Christmas Carol-
"The message, if we hear it, is make it last all year."
I hope that when the season is over according to the calender that it isn't really over in my heart. I really do want to feel this way all year long. How awesome would that be!
So, I hope you all have a happy holiday doing all the things that you love to do, and I hope that you can carry that wonderful feeling with you all year long.
Merry Christmas!




2 comments:
Woohoo! I am so stoked for Christmas this year!
I love Christmas too. Hope you have a great season!
Post a Comment