I didn't actually get tagged, but my sister-in-law did this tag and I thought it sounded fun.
10 years ago I...
1. was a brand new high school student- a sophomore at Bingham High School.
2. saw my future husband for the first time and thought he was hot!
3. was anxiously awaiting my 16th birthday. I thought for sure there would be a line of beautiful boys waiting to take me out on my first date. Alas, that didn't happen. I didn't go on my first date until the next year, and I was the one that asked.
4. I ran for sophomore class officer in a desperate attempt to fit in and made a ginormous fool of myself doing a super woman skit- leaping across the stage to the music from the original Superman movie.
5. had the biggest, silliest crush of my life on a very popular senior named Jon Bowers who was nice enough to say Hi to me and learn my name (our conversations never amounted to more than that).
(Wow! Those were embarrassing things to share! I hope I've changed a little since then!)
5 things on my "to do" list today
1. clean my house...again
2. brave awful Riverdale Road and go to Wal-Mart
3. do Yoga with Noah (thanks Rachael!)
4. pack for our trip to St. George
5. make an apron tonight after the kids are in bed
5 snacks I enjoy
1. ice cream
2. kit kats
3. Popsicles
4. ice cream again
5. pretty much anything with chocolate or peanut butter
5 things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. buy a grand piano- a Steinway
2. go to Europe
3. build a gorgeous house in the mountains and have someone who knows what they're doing decorate it.
4. shop at Shepherd's Bush everyday (it's the cutest store in the entire world. If you like to cross-stitch you MUST go there!)
5. Do whatever I want
5 places I've lived
1. Riverton, Utah (18 years)
2. Ogden, Utah- Harrison Heights (2 years)
3. Ogden, Utah- various places (5 years)
4. Rexburg, Idaho (3 weeks)
5. Provo, Utah (4 weeks)
5 jobs I've had
1. mowing my Grandpa's lawn every Saturday during the summer
2. a "sweeper" at Rose Creek elementary (3 years)
3. Sandy D.I.
4. WSU Alumni Association (I was one of those people that called and asked for donations. If it wasn't for the people I worked with, I would have wanted to die. But there was that one night I called Donald Ripplinger, a former Tab Choir director, and didn't know who he was. I asked him if he had done anything with his music degrees. Not one of my smartest moments in life.)
5. EFY counselor. I consider that my mission. If you've been one you know why I say that.
6. I know I can only list 5, but I want to list being a mom since that's the hardest job I've ever had and will have but also the most fulfilling.
I won't tag any specific person, but if you want to do it, go for it. I like learning about people.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
A Fun Tag
Posted by Marianne at 8:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Now I have to go look up Jon Bowers in my yearbook. I'm glad you didn't have a line-up of boys awaiting your dating presence (although I'm sure it was only that they were too intimidated by your beauty, smarts, and talents - oh, and that super woman skit - to ask you out), for then you may have fallen in love with some other girl's brother! Wouldn't that have been tragic?
Joel and I still joke about Jon Bowers. He was actually in your guys' ward (I think). Joel knew him a little. He really was a cool guy- the kind of popular kid who was popular because he was so nice. Before Joel's mission when he was in my ward he found out I liked Jon and thought, "Oh, great. I don't have chance." Little did Joel know, I had a bigger crush on him!!
It was fun to read your facts (: Also, LOVE your quotes from Noah--hilarious!! Fall is the absolutes best, I totally agree!
You're so funny. I love your class officer skit story. I ran for office, too, one (or two) years and it was the scariest thing in my life. I HATED public speaking. I couldn't even raise my hand to give a comment in class without my cheeks turning red--I was so timid--, so, yeah, probably wasn't the most exciting person to vote for, thus failing at my attempts.
It was fun to learn more about you. Love it!
Post a Comment