Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Elli!

Isn't is wonderful knowing that miracles still happen, and isn't it also wonderful to have one of those miracles happen in your own family? Every baby is a miracle, but we had one come to us last year (one of four!) that reminded us that God really does love us and knows the desires of our hearts. My sister Tami, as I've mentioned before, was blessed with a pregnancy after years of trying. But the pregnancy only lasted 23 weeks. Elliana was due the middle of December but was born August 22nd of last year. Her life is a miracle in every way, and we're so grateful for that the Lord has watched over her so closely. We're so happy to be able to celebrate her 1st Birthday. Happy Birthday Elli!
Below are a couple pictures taken of her soon after her birth. You can see how tiny she was and how much she's grown since then.



It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago all of us sisters were pregnant with our little babies. Now they're big and crawling around, getting into things, and growing up way too fast.

Here's a picture of Taylor and Clara fighting over a cup. It's fun to watch the babies play together. They get so excited to see other babies their size.
Here's cute chubby Ian. His smile looks just like his Mom's.

"Rub-a-dub-dub! Three Babies in a Tub!" (Elli's still too little to get in with them, otherwise there would have been four) Isn't that cute! (Sorry for the x-rated picture of Clara!) They were so cute! And don't you love the look on Ian's face?! Hooray for babies!



6 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh! I'm so excited about your new blog! I'm sorry I didn't give you any feedback, but I haven't checked blogs for quite a while, so I'm just now noticing your three entries. I am a complete dud when it comes to teaching my kids, but I am resolving to do better now that school is starting and we'll have a more reliable schedule (I hope), so your new blog will be a welcome relief for me. I loved Noah's version of your mild frustration. I never even thought to feel bad when Saylor coined, "He's buggin' my nuts!" or "He's driving my nuts!" when she was 2. Usually she said it about other drivers (she had road rage). We always got a big kick out of it, and it has become a family tradition now. It never occurred to me that it was sad that she'd picked up on my own frustration. Kids are too funny.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how tiny your niece. What a miracle. And all those babies are so darn cute.

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

Wow, that's amazing that your niece was born that early. I wouldn't know what to do with a baby so tiny. She looks like she is doing great now. That truly is a miracle.

Sharlee said...

Those are precious cousin pictures. Elli is so cute. What a blessing that she is growing and developing o.k. That is a great picture of you and all of your sisters pregnant! Once in a lifetime.

Our Paper Plates said...

Hooray! Happy Birthday Elli! What an uplifting post. Thanks for sharing it with me :)

Halverson Talk said...

Wow... That is amazing! I don't know her, but I am so happy that she is here with you guys and she is so precious! Happy Birthday!