Sunday, August 17, 2008

Camping Trip

My mom and dad planned a last minute camping trip so they could break in the new trailer they just bought. Even though not many could go, it was lots of fun. We missed those who weren't there, especially Joel. Hopefully next time more can make it. My mom was so excited to get a trailer! And she's very happy with it too. It's really nice- equipped with bathroom, heater, running water, water heater, refrigerator, range, lots of storage and seating, and two king size beds. We were quite comfortable in there. My little family didn't sleep in there. We had our little tent that we got cozy in. I wasn't sure how Clara would do sleeping up there, but she did great! Noah, on the other hand, is a wriggler and a snorer. Other than that, my kids did great. Now I'm confident in taking future camping trips.

Here's most of the group. My mom and Clara are the only ones missing. Wayne and Bradley didn't stay the whole time, but it was fun to have them there for part of it. Noah loved playing with Bradley at the river.
This is our best attempt at a family picture.
Clara was a happy camper!
Noah holding "Grandma's" hand on our walk to see the stone face (it's a big rock on the mountain that really does look like a face. it's pretty cool)
I have to write about what Noah said that had Grandma laughing the whole camping trip. A guy on a motorcycle drove by and he had a long shaggy beard and shaggy hair. Noah saw him and said, "Oh my gosh! A monkey!"

Here's Clara wearing Grandpa's hat. Pretty adorable!

We had so much fun! I love camping. I love being in the mountains, smelling the fresh air, listening to birds and chipmunks, fishing in the river, walking in the woods. I always feel closer to heaven somehow when I'm alone in the mountains. I'm glad we got to go. The only thing that would have made it perfect is if Joel was there.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound really fun - maybe I will have to give camping a try . . . and then sleep in a hotel at night! I love Noah, his sense of humor is so hilarious. It is good to have you home though. George kept knocking on your door while you were gone and saying "Nano ah Gong" (all gone).

Unknown said...

That is hillarious about "the monkey" Kids are so innoncent. I can't wait to see what Peyton comes up with once she starts talking a little more.

Andrea said...

You are brave! I would NEVER, I repeat, NEVER go camping without my husband. Come to think of it, I would never go camping period (well, aside from maybe one family reunion/year). I hate camping. I love, love, love the mountains, the forest, the hills, etc. But I have no desire to sleep amongst them. I know, I'm a party-pooper of a mom. Cute pictures! And Noah is too funny! I'll be laughing about that one for days. I can just see his face full of astonishment when he said it, too. Funny!

Sharlee said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. The only time we go camping is for family reunions and I think it would be much more relaxing to just go without the hastle of having to take the whole house with you. (I mean all the junk you need to stay for a couple days and all the food you need to feed lunch to 50 or so people.) But we are not that spontaneous. We barely make it there even when it has been on our calendar for half a year. I love the mountains...the quiet and the peace, too.
Noah's comment was hilarious! He was probably just about right!

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I love love love camping, especially with family. Looks like you guys had a great time. Scott and I laughed really hard at Noah's comment about the biker. Too funny!