Friday, June 6, 2008

Hill Aerospace Museum

We've lived in Ogden our whole married life and finally took advantage of living so close to Hill Air Force Base and took Noah to see the Aerospace Museum. When I told him we were going to to a place with lots of big airplanes he clapped his hands, jumped around the room and shouted, "Yay!" I guess the excitement wore off because by the time we drove there (it took a little longer because we got lost) he was sound asleep in his car seat. But once he was revived and saw the big airplanes his enthusiasm returned. It's a pretty cool place (especially because it's free). It was a fun family outing for us. All those machines are pretty amazing and so are the people who flew them and those who fly them today. I sure have a lot of respect for those who serve in our country's armed forces.
This was as close to flying in one as Noah was going to get. He kept asking me if he could ride in one but was cruelly disappointed to hear they were just to look at.
Here I am showing Noah where the pilot sat in this helicopter. I think the helicopters were by far his favorites.

Joel's favorite things were all the big guns he got to see in person, the SR-71, and basically any plane with awesome fire power.

5 comments:

We are the Dall family said...

I didn't know you live in Ogden. I live in Layton....we are pretty much neighbors!!

Mattie Rae said...

It's free??? I'm going there then. When are their hours?

Monica and Stephen said...

That sounds like a lot of fun and it looked like you had fun. I am sure Joel loved the guns, he always has since I've known him. I will have to take Kyle up there. He loves airplanes also and it doesn't hurt that it is free. Those are always the magic words.

Andrea said...

Of course Joel was just as excited as Noah, I'm sure. I have absolutely no interest in airplanes (which is strange, considering I LOVE almost all other transportation devices), so I think you are a trooper for going along and not grumbling. I remember going to some sort of airplane museum for a school field trip in probably 3rd grade and being bored to practically tears. I think that's where my disdain for aircraft started. Fun for the boys though, huh?

Ashlee said...

Fun! And I love the post about your grandpa! It's kinda funny because as I was reading, I was trying to feel all warm and fuzzy inside and the song of "His Cheeseburger" kept getting louder and louder in the speaker! I just had to laugh!