He used to mostly tell me things to draw and watch me draw them. That kind of bugged me because I wanted him to use his own imagination and try drawing things himself. I guess all that time he wasn't just watching- he was observing and learning. One day he finally started drawing his own little pictures. He's constantly drawing, so I have to make sure he has plenty of paper or else he'll start using all our printer paper. He's just like me- I drew all the time too when I was little, and I still have some of my masterpieces.
It's so fun to watch him learn how to use a crayon or pencil to create something. I love the look on his face when he says, "Mom, look what I made!" Then he holds up a new drawing for me to gawk at in amazement. Usually I just humor him, but today I really was amazed. I was, frankly, very impressed by his little monsters. They went straight to the refrigerator, and that made him feel so proud to have his work displayed. Then I thought to myself- a better way to display these would be on the family blog so that he can receive more recognition for his developing talent. So here they are. I hope you enjoy these original works by Noah. You may not think them as amazing as I do, but I'm his mom- that's my job.




4 comments:
Hello to the Ortons,
I've long wondered whatever happened to you and your family. Just to let you know: Joel grew up with my little brother Curtis, and I think I found your blog through Amber Heie from Payette.
So just thought I'd say hello and cute blog!
Debbie
So cute! I love it when they start to draw. It is so amazing to see them discover the magic of creation. Saylor goes through reams of paper still (I get her a ream of paper for birthdays, Christmas, etc), but Samera isn't interested. Probably because I don't have time to sit and draw with her like I did with Saylor. Poor kid.
I LOVE watching my kids develop their artistic talents. It is so fun to see how they see things or how they can express themselves. I love Noah's monsters. He is a good little artist and you SHOULD be proud.
That's awesome, you feel like all the things you have done to help them learn somewhere along the way somewhat sunk in right? Those really are so cute!
Post a Comment