My thought for this week (I missed a couple weeks, sorry) is a hymn- "Improve the Shining Moments" hymn #226. Yesterday at church I was looking at hymns on cheerfulness and this is the first one I read. I was struck by the profound truths in this hymn. It reminded me of how precious each moment in life is and how each moment we let pass us by is a lost opportunity to bring joy and happiness to your life and the lives of your family.
Improve the shining moments; Don't let them pass you by.
Work while the sun is radiant; Work, for the night draws nigh.
We cannot bid the sunbeams To lengthen out their stay,
Nor can we ask the shadow To ever stay away.
Time flies on wings of lightning; We cannot call it back.
It comes, then passes forward A long its onward track.
And if we are not mindful, The chance will fade away,
For life is quick in passing. 'Tis as a single day.
As wintertime doth follow The pleasant summer days,
So may our joys all vanish And pass far from our gaze.
Then should we not endeavor Each day some point to gain,
That we may here be useful And every wrong disdain?
Improve each shining moment. In this you are secure,
For promptness bringeth safety And blessings rich and pure.
Let prudence guide your actions; Be honest in your heart;
And God will love and bless you And help to you impart.




3 comments:
Good one. Now to improve the dull moments...
That is very thoughtful of you! Thanks for the uplift!
Thanks for the reminder to use our time well. I know I let way too many days slip by without really doing anything of worth. Good thing tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity.
PS. I love the picture of Noah giving Clara a kiss. What adorable kids you have!
Post a Comment